Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Sand Creek High School is a public school located in Sand Creek, MI. It has 481 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 16% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Sand Creek High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+85 Students
- A77 Students
- B+67 Students
- B-63 Students
- B56 Students
- B+51 Students
- C+50 Students
- B-50 Students
- B-39 Students
- B35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Sand Creek High School
- C-Onsted Community High School
- Onsted Community Schools, MI
- 98 reviews
- B-Morenci High School
- Morenci Area Schools, MI
- 34 reviews
- C+Addison Junior/Senior High School
- Addison Community Schools, MI
- 43 reviews
- B+Tecumseh High School
- Tecumseh Public Schools, MI
- 140 reviews
Sand Creek High School Reviews
My overall experience at Sand Creek has been pretty great! I really like the fact that our school is moderately small and that when you walk through the halls you recognize almost everyone's faces. Being able to know that if your ever in need of help or just someone to talk to you know that you can talk to anyone about it. Another thing that i really like about my school is that you don't really have to worry about very many disputes because being that it is a small school you don't have as many conflicts and when you do they get settled pretty quickly. Things that I would like to see change in my school district would be that our school would have more class options. Since we are a very small school we don't have enough teachers to teach classes and there fore leaves us with limited classes to choose from. I would like to see our school give more of these classes that we may need for college so that we may be more prepared.
The thing I like most about the school is the close knit community that is created among students. Sports are an important aspect here as well which creates a lot of school spirit. However, the school is slightly close-minded and could do with being a bit more accepting. Academics could also be focused on more, as sports are nice and everything but this school seems to take to much time with them rather than academics.
This is a school that makes me feel safe and at home. I play sports here (track, basketball, and football). We are all a closely knit family here and that is what I like about this community and this school. I would like to see a more diverse selection of classes, mostly career readiness classes specific to the particular student´s career choice. I would also like to see a more diverse and healthy lunch selection of bigger portions.