San Mateo High School Reviews

I love the performing arts program, the unprecedented biotechnology program, and the overwhelming school spirit the school inspires in all of its students. It makes going to school feel like one big family!
It is a very inclusive and amazing place that makes everyone feel they are at home. The support we have for any student is unparalleled. We are extremely diverse and there is always something for someone to be apart of.
San Mateo High School is a wonderful school full of enthusiastic and spirited students. The academics in this school are not perfect, but there are a wide variety of courses that are offered, with wonderful teachers teaching.
Start Your Review of San Mateo High School
San Mateo is a great school overall, it brings San Mateo county together as San Mateo brings in Foster City community as well as different parts of San Mateo into one school.
Throughout my four years at San Mateo High School, I have thoroughly enjoyed many aspects of the campus, staff, and faculty. Overall, I loved the welcoming and positive environment that San Mateo High offers. I felt more comfortable joining clubs, sports, and other school activities than I would have been at different schools in my area. I also enjoyed how reliable and caring the teachers are at San Mateo High. It became evident from the start that the teachers are there to support you to their fullest ability. The one thing I would change is how much a student's voice can be heard. I feel as if the students should have more of a say in how their education is handled.
I have been attending San Mateo since my start of high school. Starting here, people are very welcoming and from the start you know you are going to be at a place with very friendly people. The teachers here are good teachers. They are not only there for the students on an educational level but also as friends with support and help with absolutely anything that is needed. San Mateo High School is also very diverse with people, teachers, and staff in general being from all races. The safety at San Mateo High school is also taken very seriously to make sure that all students are in a safe environment. Overall, San Mateo is a great school with a friendly atmosphere all around.
My experience as a student at San Mateo High School was great! I went here all four years and I wouldn't transfer to any other high school if I could. I believe San Mateo High is the best high school out of the SMUHD district, and I'm not just saying that because I am a student there, because our students are the most spirited out of the whole district and show their passion for San Mateo not only on campus but off campus as well. The teachers and faculty work very hard in order to make San Mateo a fun and friendly learning enviorment.
After years of attending San Mateo High School, I have seen how diverse and acceptance of different cultures everyone attending this school has. There are amazing clubs that always come together to join the school even more. Personally, I have never felt that my race or my personality has been targeted negatively in any form. I have been lucky to meet so many different people with different backgrounds, get to know them and become great friends. Also, all the staff I have worked with are enthusiastic to help me. They would always come in to classes to let the students know that they are there for them. They really work hard to help people with their struggles. But one thing I would change about this school is the food because it is of poor quality for those that receive free or reduce lunch.. But overall, this school has done a great job to help students feel accepted and welcome in this highschool.
San mateo high school is very diverse and has great spirit. Throughout my 4 years of high school, i feel prepared for college. There is a great AVID program. The school lunch could be better. Not good. Throughout the school year i had multiple substitutes for one class, which eventually sorted itself out, Overall, a great experience.
My experience in this high school is unique. The staff is quite friendly and helpful. The student are also amount the nicest people you can possibly run into
San Mateo High School is a great school to enroll students in. The amount of help, opportunities, and the variety of AP courses is amazing. As an AVID student, I think first generation students could benefit from having a support system and eventually the group of students and teachers become family. In addition, San Mateo High School gives English Learners the opportunity to learn from a variety of subjects for them to succeed.
What I like about San Mateo high school is that the teachers will take the time to help you if you do not get what they are teaching. I would like to see that San Mateo high school can be a open campus school.
San Mateo High School has given me an amazing high school experience that I will always remember. The helpful and caring teachers have further developed me into the individual I am today. The academics were challenging aswell as manageable due to understanding teachers. The spirit and sports events with friends made these 4 years even more memorable.
I love attending this school because it is so diverse and the teachers are easy to comprehend with. Also, the counselors at this school are just great. Love to be here.
My experience was very diverse. I really liked the diversity and openness to people. I like to see a change in the way diverse people of different backgrounds are included into things.
Through my 4 years of attending San Mateo High School I can say that the teachers here can have fun, but that's not all of them. Some of them don't keep your grades updated and some don't even grade at all. The only I want to see changed are the teachers. I want them to hire great teachers that can teach and make a big impact on your life.
good school with good people and good teachers...................................................................................................................................
Start Your Review of San Mateo High School
This school is very cliquey and it makes people feel isolated. Besides that it's a great learning environment.
San Mateo High School is a very good school full of school sprit. This school makes you feel welcomed and has a lot of diversity. The teachers are very helpful and fun to talk to. San Mateo offers AVID a program to prepare you for college.
San Mateo High School was an amazing school to be a part of. All the teachers here really care for their students and everyone has someone to talk to. I see this school as a community of students who all want to achieve a certain goal. The staff are all in the look out for what is best for their students.