San Marino High School is a top rated, public school located in San Marino, CA. It has 1,200 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
San Marino High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+253 Students
- A+253 Students
- A+186 Students
- A170 Students
- A+148 Students
- A132 Students
- A+115 Students
- A103 Students
- A+95 Students
- A91 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like San Marino High School
- A+Arcadia High School
- Arcadia Unified School District, CA
- 981 reviews
- A+Walnut High School
- Walnut Valley Unified School District, CA
- 530 reviews
- A+South Pasadena Senior High School
- South Pasadena Unified School District, CA
- 387 reviews
- A+Whitney High School
- ABC Unified School District, CA
- 332 reviews
San Marino High School Reviews
I've been at SMHS for the past four years, and overall, I've had a good experience here. Most of the teachers are great - helpful, very knowledgeable, and readily available. However, there are definitely a few that are on the opposite end of the spectrum, but, luckily, I haven't encountered many of those! The environment is rather competitive and somewhat stressful, especially if you're in all or mostly AP and honors courses, but if you ever find it too overwhelming, counselors are easily met, and I've heard there are other resources you can turn to as well!
San Marino is a stress ball, literally. The teachers expect the students to have prior knowledge of a class before stepping foot in the classroom on the first day. Not only are the teachers not the best, but the environment is fake and filled with people that try too hard to fit in. Being at San Marino has opened my eyes to the amount of fake people at our school and how poor the student body is becoming. After the Class of 2015, SM is neither athletic or academically as strong as their past history. Also, students are heartless and are very judgmental in the fact that they all compare grades and test scores; not a healthy learning environment at all.
Ever since I joined this school it has all been caring staff and amazing friendly students. Never a dull day passes at this high school. Though the academics here are competitive and much harder, everyone are willing to help you out!