2601 Rattler Rd Mccarty Ln
San Marcos, TX 78666
San Marcos High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+334 Students
- A+181 Students
- A+111 Students
- B88 Students
- B+76 Students
- A-72 Students
- A-71 Students
- B-63 Students
- B60 Students
- A59 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like San Marcos High School
- B+Canyon High School
- Comal Independent School District, TX
- 309 reviews
- BNavarro High School
- Navarro Independent School District, TX
- 78 reviews
- NGLockhart High School Freshman M.L. Cisneros Campus
- Lockhart Independent School District, TX
- CPrairie Lea School
- Prairie Lea Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 13 reviews
San Marcos High School Reviews
Review San Marcos High School
I liked how everyone was given the opportunjty to pursue a higher education within high school, and how the school was really involved with AP and dual credit courses. I also liked how we have and hour lunch so that student are able to join clubs, study, or go in for tutorials, that was always very beneficial! I didn't like the strict rules, that were counterproductive, like being tardy 2 minutes late to school, and if you don't attend lunch detention they take you to ISS and you definitely will miss more than 2 minutes of class there. Also, most of the dress code was guided towards women and basically were prohibited to wear comfty clothes (running shorts) because it was "too distracting." Other than minor irritabilities, the teachers are very helpful and want to see you succeed.
Personally I loved this school, while it had its faults as most all schools do such as paying attention to the wrong things (dress code, parking, where you chose to eat, etc.) the possibilities were amazing. Everything from EMS, to Cosmetology training was available for students who had the will to learn the trade. Overall I miss this and wish I had taken extra of some of the courses as now I have to pay for the education that back then was free. Good school.
San Marcos is a below average high school, which effects students and teachers. There are some teachers who overcome San Marcos High School inadequacy, however, most of these teachers are teaching for students to pass the STAAR test or to pass the student with a C average. An example, is a student who received dual credit said that the teacher didn't prepare them for the STAAR test. San Marcos does offer dual credit, but starting the school year of 2017-2018 student's parents will be paying most of their tuition.