At San Domenico, we believe that an exceptional, college preparatory education requires not just academic excellence but also meaning and purpose. We provide a character-driven, K-12 Independent School education, leading the way in redefining the metrics of achievement and graduating inspired students equipped to create a better world.
With a regional and international boarding program option for students in grades 9-12, one of the unique aspects of an SD education is our diverse student body. Our 515-acre campus is just north of San Francisco.
Founded in 1850, San Domenico is California’s oldest independent school school. Every day we encourage our students to not just study, but also to reflect on their learning, find their purpose, and celebrate in community, because an exceptional education, where values and academics join together, creates more than just great students - it develops great people.
The school has 674 students, with 320 in high school.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+43 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+34 Students
- A32 Students
- A30 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+24 Students
- A+23 Students
- A-21 Students
- A20 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses