Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
San Benito High School is a public school located in San Benito, TX. It has 2,132 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 8% in reading.
San Benito High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B590 Students
- A+545 Students
- B502 Students
- A+451 Students
- B443 Students
- B-438 Students
- B+431 Students
- B+411 Students
- A-254 Students
- A249 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.56 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.56 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 147 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.67 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.74 responses
Schools like San Benito High School
- C+La Feria High School
- La Feria Independent School District, TX
- 87 reviews
- CMercedes High School
- Mercedes Independent School District, TX
- 126 reviews
- CRio Hondo High School
- Rio Hondo Independent School District, TX
- 157 reviews
- C-Santa Rosa High School
- Santa Rosa Independent School District, TX
- 52 reviews
San Benito High School Reviews
My experience with San Benito High School is mostly a positive one. The people, both students and staff, are friendly enough. They have nice counselors willing to work with a student's goals or needs. They are fixing the building and making it look more polished, classrooms are getting better equipment like touch screen boards, newer desks, floorboards are being replaced and they are even renovating the school's main entrance. There are career pathways and specific programs like nursing to welding. The diversity is almost nonexistent, most of the student population is Hispanic. The school is well protected by security guards appointed at almost every hall. The High School is really into football, they hold prep rallies before every home game and those are usually filled with our cheerleaders dancing and fun games. They help with financial aid, hold college conventions, free TSIs testing.
San benito High school is one of the most best ways one could get a high school education. While attending San Benito high school i not only made friendships but most importantly got the best academic Instruction to help me continue my education to Texas A&M University of Kingsville. They offer many tools students can use to help them excel not only on campus but off as well. The environment is one of the best a student can have, teachers are always there to lend a helping hand when a student needs assistance whether it be personal or academic help. San Benito High school sets many students towards college readiness and helps them get the tools they need to go into their chosen career paths. If students are interested in sports San Benito offers a variety of them from football, basketball, soccer, baseball, volley ball, softball, track, and cross country. Further more San Benito high school also has one of the mightiest marching bands in the valley continue to prove themselves yearly.
I have lived in San Benito all my life. I have seen the community support each other during times of crisis and seen it grow into what it is today. San Benito High School is a school full of opportunities, friendships and an abundance of knowledge. This district offers many academic opportunities and curricular activities for the students. As a senior of San Benito High School I have received many university acceptances and scholarship offers and for that I am thankful to the college advisory team my high school offers. Although my senior year was cut off short because of the Coronavirus pandemic, I am grateful for every day I spent in school along with my friends and teachers. I believe San Benito High School has taught me key skills that will prepare me for college and has allowed me to develop a deeper understanding of my community and the world around me. The only thing I would change is to bring more university recruiters to present for the seniors to give us more options.