Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
San Augustine High School is a public school located in San Augustine, TX. It has 370 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
San Augustine High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-74 Students
- C+44 Students
- A+37 Students
- B35 Students
- A-30 Students
- A+29 Students
- A26 Students
- B-23 Students
- B+18 Students
- A-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
San Augustine High School Reviews
San Augustine High School is a really good school with a really good environment. Classes are really small which makes learning easier because it gives the teachers more individual time with the students that are struggling. Our school clubs are really active and we also do a lot of community service and we try to help our community as much as we can since our community is very small. We also have a really good UIL Academic group who is always taking the top places at competitions. We also have a really good athletic program with really good athletes. Our football team has made it to the state semi-finals 3 years in a row. We also have had a couple of Track/Cross Country runners make it to state every year. Our High School has also a great band program. Overall our High School is a really good school to attend to learn to do become a better academic and athlete student.
San Augustine High School is a small school, but everybody knows everybody in this school. We all know each other every well, we treat each other like family. our teachers try their best every day to make us better. Mrs.McNamara is one of my favorite teaches because she's always checking on every student making sure they all good.
What I like about San Augustine is that, there are many opportunities here. From excellent Athletic Programs, to acing UIL Academics. We got things many small 2A schools wouldn't have. There are some downsides but the Pros outweighs the Cons