Saluda High School is a public school located in Saluda, SC. It has 605 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Saluda High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B102 Students
- A95 Students
- A69 Students
- B+68 Students
- B50 Students
- C+43 Students
- B+37 Students
- B-32 Students
- B32 Students
- A-30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Saluda High School Reviews
Saluda High School is a pretty small school. This allows for close relationships between students and administrators, which I like. However, Saluda High School does not have many career-specific classes or extra curricular activities. Most classes are generalized and I wish there was more specialization. This has been improving, though, and I hope it continues to improve.
My school is very unique. It is made up of diverse students from various family backgrounds. Most importantly, regardless of who you are or what background you come from, Saluda High makes you feel welcome with a warm smile and encouragement to be involved. We have various clubs to participate in, in which I have participated and have been a part of most of them. Each club or organization has a passion for what they are doing and want to make it better/more inviting. We always have morning pep rallies on game days and on specific game days, we have pep rallies in the afternoon. They are really fun and invite students to go to the game that night to support their school. Our student section invites all and always have fun themes like Hawaiian night or Camo night. We always have various functions and opportunities for our diverse students and that is what makes Saluda High so great!
Teachers at my school genuniely care for their students. They always go above and beyond to help students that are in need and they make sure that the students comprehend the lessons before they move on. If however, a student is still struggling, the teachers always encourage their students to come back and ask questions and recieve help. Some even allow study groups to occur within their classrooms after school hours for studious students who like or want to get extra help. Teachers overall are pretty great at Saluda High!