1400 W Goodwin Ave
Salt Lake City, UT 84116
Salt Lake Center for Science Education Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-45 Students
- B-23 Students
- A-22 Students
- B+14 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-10 Students
- B7 Students
- B-5 Students
- C+4 Students
- A+4 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Salt Lake Center for Science Education Reviews
Review Salt Lake Center for Science Education
Extremely diverse, close knitted community full of wonderful and bright peers and faculty. The teachers go out of their way to make you feel welcomed and important. Every single teacher there has taught me incredible life lessons I will never forget. There is only one sports team, which is the mountain biking team. The food isn't great - and there isn't a whole lot to do after school in terms of clubs. But, you can always start a club if you'd like! There are only a few downsides but for the most part, it's an incredible school that I am so fortunate to go to!
For the most part, I had a very good experience at SLCSE. The small class sizes and hands on experiences were really helpful for me. However, the fact that there aren't any sports teams can be really difficult, and the counselors aren't particularly helpful with figuring out your schedule around that. Other than that, I had a very good experience at SLCSE, and really enjoyed my time there.
The teachers at this high school are amazing! Since we have such small classrooms the teachers are able to really give you the attention you need. In addition to that they always go above and beyond to accommodate us (the students). They constantly switch things up to entertain us and apply critical thinking to learn in their lessons. Plus they are always really nice. I have nothing to say bad about them!