Salmon River Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Fort Covington, NY. It has 418 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Salmon River Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C35 Students
- B-31 Students
- A31 Students
- A-19 Students
- B-19 Students
- B19 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+13 Students
- C+11 Students
- B+9 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Salmon River Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I would like to see this school become more inclusive with other races, such as white, African American, and other races other than just Native American. This school is very Native American revolving, and when it came senior year, I noticed more kids getting scholarship money just because of their skin color and where they were born.
The extracurricular options include many sports, yearbook club, Mohawk club, health club, Shamrock Pride which is a club in support of LGBTQ students, prom committee and many more. There's an after school program with teachers available from 3-5 for students who need extra help. Most students are involved with sports. Hockey and lacrosse are big here. There are teams for both boys and girls.
It is definitely not as bad as the reputation can make it seem. It has it's ups and downs, as I am sure every school does. Most of the downs are the result of students, but some rules that have been enforced in the past were ridiculous. Thankfully, Salmon River has finally caught up with the times, and has started integrating technology into the education.