Salmen High School is an above average, public school located in Slidell, LA. It has 902 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Salmen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-167 Students
- B137 Students
- B+119 Students
- B100 Students
- A+67 Students
- B66 Students
- B+64 Students
- B+60 Students
- B58 Students
- B45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Salmen High School
Salmen High School Reviews
I loved salmen, teachers are always involved with students and want the best for them. I enjoyed most classes because they were fun and excited, made you want to learn. The administration always has something planned for students. And it was a nice school with nice buildings and gyms. School lunch and breakfast was so good! Experiencing high school through Salmen was one of the best decisions I’ve made.
What I like about Salmen High School is that they are teachers who really care about students. Teachers and counselors who are really compassionate about the students well being and future. I would like to see more teachers be understanding to student's situation and how It may affect class behavior and work. Not every dispute needs to be taken to disciplinary actions, try a counseling program. Let the students talk to a counselor or a licensed psychologist.
I received the best educatuin I could have at Salmen. We are such a close family at Salmen. The teachers and administration doesn’t just teach us about academics but how to become closer and to care for others. The theater program is coming up from nothing. Our football team has amazing players. The test scores of AP and End of Course testing are supberb!