Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Sallisaw High School is a public school located in Sallisaw, OK. It has 585 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Sallisaw High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A144 Students
- A121 Students
- B-113 Students
- B104 Students
- C+90 Students
- B-86 Students
- A-80 Students
- C40 Students
- B+32 Students
- B+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Sallisaw High School Reviews
Sallisaw High School is a great high school. It has amazing teachers that are truly interested in your education, and the school spirit is great! You can always find someone who is willing to help and they do it with great tutoring programs and extracurricular activities. Also, the class sizes are great and the teacher to student ratio is fantastic. Overall, the school and its faculty are great. I enjoy my school!
Sallisaw high school is a a very diverse school! You will always find a group you fit into while they also offer several clubs you can participate in. I like how we have our pep assemblies to boost the school spirit chanting the football team on. It doesn’t matter how many games we leave because at the end we are still chanting Sallisaw Black Diamonds!
My high school experience has been great. All of the teachers' are very nice and are good at getting us ready for college. The one thing I would like to see change is the adminstration being more open to ideas that the students all agree on. For example, this year we can't decorate our caps because of one person that went against the rules last year. All of the seniors this year want to decorate them how we've been wanting them since we were freshmen.