Saline High School is a top rated, public school located in Saline, MI. It has 1,810 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Saline High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+329 Students
- A296 Students
- B-169 Students
- B+125 Students
- B+93 Students
- B91 Students
- B-81 Students
- A-56 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+47 Students
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingB
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Saline High School Reviews
I love Saline! The school offers many opportunities and I love the teachers! My only complaint would be diversity ... Altogether, the school is amazing and they prepare you for your future career.
Saline has a beautiful facility. There is definitely a mix of good and bad teachers. All of the AP teachers are excellent, but when you take several AP classes, it really becomes apparent that there is a difference in the quality of learning in AP classes versus regular classes. The people aren't the nicest. There is lots of competition between students, and it is a very stressful environment. I know lots of people who struggle with mental health issues and feel that the school isn't doing enough to help those who are struggling.
I loved my high school experience in Saline. The building itself is beautiful with lots of natural lighting, which was really important to me since I suffer from seasonal depression. The music program is amazing and I greatly enjoyed participating in the marching band and wind ensemble. The academics are wonderful! There were at least 10 students in my graduating class that graduated with a 3.99 or 4.0 GPA. Our football team was super awesome too - it made being in marching band even more fun! I was so happy the year that we made it to the state finals - I was able to march on Ford Field. I also got to travel to Disney World with the marching band and perform in a parade there.