Saline High School is a top rated, public school located in Saline, MI. It has 1,766 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 71% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Saline High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+381 Students
- A357 Students
- B-194 Students
- B+143 Students
- B+112 Students
- B96 Students
- B-86 Students
- A-62 Students
- A+56 Students
- A+50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Saline High School Reviews
I was lucky enough to meet a group of amazing friends on my first day at Saline High School. The environment gave me a lot of confidence and made me realize that high school can actually be fun! I didn't realize how left out I felt until I moved to Saline. Couldn't ask for better teachers or a better learning environment! I actually joined a club, which I never thought I would do. They have something for everyone!
Saline High School has amazing education, no doubt about it. But that's all there is to it. There's nothing else. That's a problem. With my experience, Saline High School has certain teachers who see success in certain students, and if you are not one of those students, then you are all on your own. But if you truly show your teacher you want to succeed, then that bad experience will change. And there is no diversity. You are surrounded by rich white kids who are so close-minded living in their tiny Saline bubble. It's a tough environment if you are a person of color, specifically Black or Muslim. Saline needs to learn how to be more open minded on speak on the issues it has; teen drugs, diversity, alcohol, it's bad. Saline either sugarcoats all their problems, or pretend they don't exist with their facade of the "pursuit of excellence."
In my experience, Saline has been nothing but excellent for me and my peers. While the student body is not at all diverse, most all students are very accepting and inclusive of everyone, regardless of whatever extraneous variable you might want to point out. The learning environment is very competitive, yet at the same time most of the teachers make the learning experience very enjoyable. Of course there will always be exceptions, but for the most part it is a positive experience. In addition to academics, the athletics department could not be any better. All sports are very competitive and have top notch facilities and resourses to work with, along with having a very supportive community. I would not want to have attended any other school.