Saline High School is an elite, public school located in Saline, MI. It has 1,810 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Saline High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+297 Students
- A+263 Students
- B-154 Students
- B+110 Students
- B+87 Students
- B+84 Students
- B-76 Students
- A-52 Students
- A+46 Students
- A+45 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB
- Cost of LivingB
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Saline High School Reviews
I loved my high school experience in Saline. The building itself is beautiful with lots of natural lighting, which was really important to me since I suffer from seasonal depression. The music program is amazing and I greatly enjoyed participating in the marching band and wind ensemble. The academics are wonderful! There were at least 10 students in my graduating class that graduated with a 3.99 or 4.0 GPA. Our football team was super awesome too - it made being in marching band even more fun! I was so happy the year that we made it to the state finals - I was able to march on Ford Field. I also got to travel to Disney World with the marching band and perform in a parade there.
Academic standards are high. Social aspect was unbearably terrible. The general population was segregated into two categories; the kids of parents who were extremely wealthy, and the farmer kids. Being a transplant and a new student my freshman year, it was impossible to make friends. Kids are mean in general, but this school was downright tragic.
It is a very good school. People who haven't been anywhere else but Saline schools down't know any better so they find things to complain about. Warranted some of those things are very valid complaints, but people who graduate from Saline have a leg up in in college already whether it be because of their grades or because of having the reputation of Saline High School behind them automatically implies that they will succeed. Most do. We are raised in Saline, with the expectations and standards pushing everyone to accomplish as much as we can and shame ourselves when we could have done better. While this creates lots of extra stress starting in middle school, it cannot be denied that statistically, Saline sets you up for success.