Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Saline High School is a top rated, public school located in Saline, MI. It has 1,774 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 71% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Saline High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+443 Students
- A406 Students
- B-218 Students
- B+169 Students
- B+137 Students
- B111 Students
- B-92 Students
- A-74 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Saline High School Reviews
This is a very good school for anyone looking for high education. It is very clean and prepares you very well for college. They have good athletic opportunities and lots of clubs to choose from. Plus, if you don't find the one you're looking for, you can make your own! Unfortunately, Saline does lack a lot of diversity, and its administration isn't always very flexible. That being said, there are still a lot of good opportunities at this school for all kinds of students.
Saline High school has many academic resources to guarantee success as a student. With their wide variety of programs most students find their passions and fit in with their needs. Some things I’d like to see change about this school is honesty, accountability, and more college readiness programs. We aren’t really introduced to talking about college until junior year since it’s very important. I feel that students should be exposed to how they want to shape their futures as early as middle school and get ready for their path to future success. When something happens on school grounds, the action of resolving the issue isn’t always taken seriously and the administration likes to “sweep it under the rug”, which is where the lack of honesty and responsibility comes in.
I am a 2019 alumni. I absolutely loved Saline. The atmosphere, teachers, friends, sport; you name it! It prepared me so well for college and created the best memories I will cherish forever. I found my best friends there and I'm still best friends with all of them. The friendships and relationships created there are rare in any other high school.