Salina High School South is an above average, public school located in Salina, KS. It has 1,039 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 11% of students are at least proficient in math and 26% in reading.
Salina High School South Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A210 Students
- A142 Students
- B-112 Students
- B91 Students
- B-57 Students
- B+47 Students
- B44 Students
- B40 Students
- B24 Students
- C22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 92 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Salina High School South
- BSalina High School Central
- Salina Unified School District, KS
- 111 reviews
- BSmoky Valley High School
- Smoky Valley Unified School District, KS
- 98 reviews
- BBennington Junior High/High School
- Twin Valley Unified School District, KS
- 39 reviews
- B+Southeast Saline High School
- Southeast of Saline Unified School District, KS
- 6 reviews
Salina High School South Reviews
Salina South is a great school! New construction has enhanced all the classrooms. The teachers and coaches are top-notch.
It's good, especially the new building. It wasn't very good though my freshman and sophomore year during the construction.
I was a 2015 graduate and loved how the teachers cared so much about the students and what they wanted to achieve in the future. The school has now been completely rebuilt and I have not seen it yet, but I am sure it is better than the round, rotted, no-window building we had before.