Salina High School Central
- SALINA, KS
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Salina High School Central is an above average, public school located in SALINA, KS. It has 1,023 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 31% in reading.
Salina High School Central Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus204 Students
- grade A minus166 Students
- grade B119 Students
- grade B88 Students
- grade B57 Students
- grade B56 Students
- grade B49 Students
- grade C39 Students
- grade B32 Students
- grade A30 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Salina High School Central
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responses
- Pep ralleys45%
- Cheering at games20%
- In-town sports rivalry15%
- All sporting events5%
- Tail gates before football games5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,152 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 19 responses
Schools like Salina High School Central
- grade BSalina High School South
- Salina Unified School District, KS
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 276 reviews
- grade B minusBennington Junior High/High School
- Twin Valley Unified School District, KS
- Rating 4.09 out of 5 46 reviews
- grade B+Southeast Saline High School
- Southeast of Saline Unified School District, KS
- Rating 4.14 out of 5 7 reviews
- grade B minusEll-Saline Middle/High School
- Ell-Saline Unified School District, KS
- Rating 4.45 out of 5 11 reviews
Salina High School Central Reviews
Rating 3.6 out of 5 126 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Central does a very good job of promoting the advanced classes and extracurricular activities. The teachers are very good at communicating with their students throughout the year. They are also very good at using positive reinforcement for students who exceed the requirements in school. I wish there was just a little more freedom within the school as a whole: such as the students get more of a choice on what happens in the school, but I wouldn’t change Salina High School Central for any other!
Salina Central High school has a great English department. I have taken Advanced English all four years of high school, and I have loved every teacher. The classes were also very good because of how different each English teacher was. Each teacher would teach us something different, and it was very useful to learn for years to come. The Spanish department was not the same unfortunately. The Spanish 3 and 4 teacher my freshman year was amazing according to other students, but the Spanish 1 and 2 teacher was not. She would get complaints from not only the students, but also the parents for the way she taught her class. Her class consisted of her getting mad at her students for not knowing something she has not taught. She was then fired, and the Spanish 3 and 4 teacher left. Then they brought someone new in who was a first year teacher from Mexico and was clearly not ready to teach to English students.
Salina Central has it’s ups and down but it is overall an inclusive school with many diverse personalities. Sports are funded as best as possible. The theatre program has a large participating group and has produced many well directed shows. Clubs were very active before Covid-19 effected us. Now, many are suffering but a few have made a way to still meet. Most of Salina Central’s staff are kind, understanding and help students learn the best they can. I am proud to be a Salina Central High School student.