Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Salem High School is an above average, public school located in Salem, NH. It has 1,160 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Salem High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-231 Students
- B-94 Students
- A+92 Students
- B+86 Students
- B-80 Students
- B-72 Students
- A69 Students
- B-63 Students
- A+56 Students
- B53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Salem High School
- BTriton Regional High School
- Triton Public Schools, MA
- 128 reviews
- B+Tewksbury Memorial High School
- Tewksbury Public Schools, MA
- 147 reviews
- B+Pentucket Regional Senior High School
- Pentucket Public Schools, MA
- 151 reviews
- BCampbell High School
- Litchfield School District, NH
- 155 reviews
Salem High School Reviews
As a current senior at Salem High School, I have had the opportunity to experience the student life, interact with the faculty, and advance my education over the last four years. Salem high school is an exceptional secondary school to attend. With the large student body, I have the opportunity to befriend many different students. There is a large variety of courses for students to take as well, including the Career and Technical Education Center on the campus which allows students to dive into their desired careers at an early start through hands-on college courses such as teacher preparation and cosmetology. Salem High School has sent me on a spectacular path as I am exceptionally well prepared heading into college next fall.
Salem High School offers a wide range of opportunities both in and outside the classroom. There are a multitude of programs offered including CTE, Teacher Prep, Health OC, as well as extracurriculars such as marching band and color guard, football, lacrosse, field hockey, chorus and theater, robotics, and many more. There is something offered for every interest. The staff is incredibly helpful and well-trained. I would recommend SHS to any family.
All of the teachers are absolutely incredible. They give you all of their attention and time and genuinely just want to help you grow, mature, and learn. I am always learning something new in every course I take, and I have enjoyed every single one of them. I feel as though I will leave Salem High with more knowledge and a higher education than most because of all the opportunities it offers to their students. I believe I will be better prepared for college. The only thing I dislike about Salem High school is a small fraction of the students who are ignorant and disrespect other students or teachers. Overall, Salem High School is amazing and I am so appreciative of everything it has done for me.