Salem High School is a public school located in Conyers, GA. It has 1,205 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 28% in reading.
Salem High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+307 Students
- A+236 Students
- B+204 Students
- B-158 Students
- B151 Students
- B-126 Students
- C111 Students
- C+100 Students
- C+98 Students
- C+98 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 113 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.66 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.67 responses
Salem High School Reviews
I love Salem High School! It's a great school and as time goes on you develop great friendships with students, teachers, and administration. It's almost like my second home. If you have a problem, it won't go unnoticed. The principal sees the best in all her students and believes we will achieve and do great things not just in school but in life. Just finishing my junior year at Salem was amazing. Been there since freshman year and it just gets better and better. One thing I would change would be the food. Sometimes the pizzas are way too greasy or the chicken is dry. One more thing I would want to change but can't would be the occasional student rivalry. I just don't think fighting in school is needed. Overall I think Salem is a wonderful school! Definitely like a second family!
My experience at Salem High School has been the best thing that has happened to me. The teachers are Salem are very understanding, care for their students and grades, excited to know each of their students, always on the look out for their students safety. But all this could not be accomplished without the wonderful and amazing principle Ms. Tonya Bloodworth. She is the best principal, coworker, mother and mentor for all students at Salem. She makes sure that she makes decisions that are going to benefit the student body. Thank you guys so much for all the effort you put into our lives and education. The world would not be a better place. But one thing I would like to be changed at Salem should be at least one senior field trip so we can have our time with our friends, because so far the seniors haven’t done anything. But other than that Salem High School is an amazing school for education, friends, mentors, and more.
Salem High School is a place I will always admire. This was the place where I was able to begin blossoming into the person I am today! They were never afraid to let you shine. They were always willing to help and listen to any ideas that could change the face of the school. Always there to provide guidance and reassurance that everything would be okay. And the Pricipal, Ms. Bloodworth, couldn't be a better example of a leader. She was tough when necessary, but she was always fair, and we know it wasn't only because she loved us. She's the glue that holds the family of Salem High School together. Without her and the leaders of the school, who knows where many of us would be now, but it was through their dedication that we are able to rise above any challenge that we may, that I may face!