Salem High School Reviews

It's a great school with many job opportunities and along with helping students in each grade. Along with college opportunities and scholarship opportunities that help guide the student achieve their career.
The school it self was a great experience because of how big the school was and the amount of students that go there. The education aspect could've been a bit better as well some of the schools teaching staff.
Salem High School is part of a 3 school conglomerate in Plymouth Canton. You almost get the college feel as you have classes between all 3 schools. The classes afforded to you are above what most schools offer and prepare you for a career or to go to college when you leave. The diversity prepares you for life and the opportunities are abundant for sports and social activities.
Start Your Review of Salem High School
I feel that there could have been more options with clubs/associations, sports, and courses. I packed a lunch almost daily since the food quality wasn't the greatest. There have also been several threats which have disrupted the school time, as well as threatened our safety at PCEP. We have even had a teacher threaten to bring a gun to school. Ever since the Sandy Hook incident, all doors on campus are locked and can only be opened from the inside. This actually became problematic, because that would mean you'd have to possibly wait for someone to open the door, causing you to be late for class; being marked tardy is all too horrible for you attendance record, especially since they add up. I do wish there was a way to use the student IDs to get inside the building, to avoid this.
Salem high school is unique because it is a part of a three school campus, better known as PCEP. I have had amazing teachers and classes and there is someone for everyone here. All different types of people from all around. There is a large variety of clubs and activities so there is a place for everyone. I would like to see however, a change in some of the teachers who don’t care about their students and the work they assign them. I think some need to be retrained. I also think that Salem needs to bring more awareness to mental health issues and suicide.
Over my four years as a PCEP student I met numerous influential people, both staff and students. In my senior year my counselor retired and I was worried I wouldn't be able to fix the problems with my schedule. Thankfully, my new counselor was able to help me with no issues. I've had at least one teacher leave some impact on my life each year be it my World History teacher, American History teacher, AP Lang teacher or most recently, my AP Computer Science teacher.
The Plymouth Canton Educational Park had many exceptional teachers and plenty of different after school activities for anyone to participate in. I never felt discriminated against nor did I ever feel left out of these activities. I was also able to get a "college feel", as I've had to walk between all the schools for each differing class.
I though Salem High School really prepared me well for college. By being at a school where you walk in between buildings it made MSU feel not so overwhelming. Most of the teachers were great and would go out of there way to help you when needed. There are so many great resources, classes, and also clubs and activities that allow you to get involved with the school and also the community.
You could be a senior at the park (PCEP) and still not know everyone. You can definitely find the friends for you as well as the electives you want to be specialized. The teachers and administration is great, they care and present full resources possible to you when needed. It gets tiring walking between each school but it really keeps things from being boring. Salem has the best breakfast out of the three schools at the park too. After school activities are a life saver and help you make so many friends. Im into rap music and my friend and I started a rapheads club and I'm the VP, its so fun. Im a kid who enjoys school especially at Salem.
Overall during my four years as a Salem High School student, I have really enjoyed my time as I have so many new people and friends which I have created so many memories with that I will never forget.
Salem high school is a great school that mimics a college campus. The opportunity given is endless. The faculty is nice and the teachers are well educated. The school itself is clean and up to date. It offers a exceptional amount of class's available. Teachers work well with the students. Need more after school events to attend. Great learning environment. Lots of great educational resources.
Salem High School is the oldest building of the Plymouth-Canton Educational Park. The vast majority at Salem are helpful while their is a small handful who are not. The diversity is excellent and the amount of rigor in academics is helpful.
I like the diversity and opportunities for different classes and clubs here. I would like to add heated tunnels to the paths so the walk outside is not so bad in the winter.
I have had a very good experience at Salem high school. I played on both the football team and lacrosse team and have had really good experiences on both. I have loved to travel to all three schools during the day although walking in the snow.
This high school prepared me so well for college! As a high school student, I would always complain about the walking and the stress of homework. But, all of this helped me prepare for college.
I liked how there were a lot of different clubs to join which made it easy to make new friends and just have a overall better high school experience. Another thing I liked about this school was the fact that it was basically like a college campus. Being like a campus allowed me to prepare for what college would be like. On top of this, the teachers were very motivating and kind. They knew how to teach content well and to the best of their ability. One thing that I would like to see change though is the parking system. I feel that students should be allowed to park wherever there first class is. This would help students to arrive to class on time a lot more than when they are assigned to a parking lot.
There was a wide range of diversity among students. Salem was placed directly next to Canton and Plymouth which made it one huge campus. At Salem, there were certain classes you couldn't take in the other two buildings and they had great sport teams. I liked that there were so many people attending the school because of the new relationships you could create.
Start Your Review of Salem High School
Salem High School is part of 3 high schools on one campus which offers a unique exposure to more classes, educators, and peers.
I love Salem High School. The school has so many clubs and activities that it is really easy to meet new people and make new friends. While it is a big school, you make friends that last a lifetime.
As a student in pcep it's a great environment except when any kind of bad weather occurs. Teachers are kind and same with mist kids.