Salem High School is a highly rated, public school located in Canton, MI. It has 2,041 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Salem High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A483 Students
- A+386 Students
- B+318 Students
- B-300 Students
- B+216 Students
- B+212 Students
- B182 Students
- B+156 Students
- C+151 Students
- B108 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.61 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
Schools like Salem High School
- ACanton High School
- Plymouth-Canton Community Schools, MI
- 338 reviews
- A+Wylie E. Groves High School
- Birmingham Public Schools, MI
- 227 reviews
- A+Novi High School
- Novi Community School District, MI
- 433 reviews
- A-University High School Academy
- Southfield Public School District, MI
- 363 reviews
Salem High School Reviews
I did not go to an ordinary high school. I went to PCEP (Plymouth Canton Educational Park), where there are not one, but three high schools on one campus. These schools were Salem, Plymouth, and Canton high school. What was unique about this campus was that even though I was a Salem student, I had classes in all three schools. If your next class was in another school, you would have 10 minutes to walk on what is called "The Path" to get to your next class. Being enrolled at PCEP was interesting. When the Friday night lights came along, everyone from students all the way to 30-year alumni came to the game. Especially when one school on campus played another school on campus. For instance, the Canton vs Plymouth game is usually the most attended game of the year for all three schools. PCEP offers a widely ranged variety of classes for whatever it is you want to get into. Everything from Engineering to Culinary. Overall, my experience at Salem High School was very good. Go Rocks!
I have been a Plymouth Canton District Student for my entire schooling career, and I graduated from Salem High School in 2018. This high school provided me with sufficient preparation for college especially with their large variety of Honors and Advanced Placement courses. Furthermore, they have over 100 clubs and sports for students to participate in which allows every student to fit in and find a strong group of friends. Moreover, the school itself is very diverse, and has many organizations specific to a students beliefs, religion or interests. Each teacher was very helpful and knowledgable when it came to their course and other information such as SAT prep and college applications. Most importantly, the school taught their students how to balance rigorous classes with sports and other activities making it a place where students could explore all of their interests. I loved Salem High School and recommend that students attend this school.
Salem High School is only a third of the experience. Being a Salem student means being apart of not only Salem, but Plymouth High School and Canton High School seeing as all these buildings are on the same campus. This school provides the college experience of walking between buildings and getting a fresh breath of air, walking to either Plymouth or Canton for your next class. That also means that you go to school with a little over 6,000 students and the opportunity to find people to hang with is unbelievable. The best part is the amount of after school club activities that are available. Along with great education ( which can be hard to remeber that you're getting becuase of early start time) you also get countless of opportunities to be a part of the high school experence.