Salem High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+162 Students
- A+127 Students
- B-105 Students
- B+73 Students
- C+64 Students
- B+62 Students
- B+58 Students
- B+58 Students
- B50 Students
- B+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Salem High School Reviews
Review Salem High School
Salem high school gives you a great experience of different diversity and culture and has many different options and opportunities to grow as a student and individual. Salem high school is one of the three schools at PCEP in canton Michigan, there are over 6,000 students that attend the park, so you have a lot of social interaction. Pcep offers tons of classes and programs to help you grow as a person and educated student, there are also a ton of after school activities such as sports, and clubs that help prepare the students for college and help get involved in the community to help out. I have so far enjoyed my experiences at Salem high school and can't wait to create more memories with playing high school soccer and joining clubs and also different classes to further my future career in nursing.
My overall experience with the Plymouth-Canton Community Schools was good. I say good because the walking from building to building with a time limit definitely prepares you for the college walk. PCEP has a wide range of classes to choose from along with the diversity of the students and staff. Teachers sometimes forget that we also have 6 other classes to do work for so the homework can pile up pretty quickly. Also, you better be dressed for any kind of weather because if it is negative 19 degrees, you are still waking from class to class. PCEP also allows seniors to sign themselves in and out with an 18 year old waver. "Senioritis" hits before you know it and then you are missing days and days of school, so in the end it is your responsibility to make the right decisions. High school is no joke when it comes down to academics. At the end of the day, it is your choice how you wish to experience the 4 years of high school.
I came from a private school with little diversity and low quality academics, so when I came to Salem I found a whole new world. I suddenly became a student at three schools instead of a single small limited one. I was plunged into a sea of kids from all walks of life, and I discovered a new depth in society. I was always apathetic towards politics and social issues but at Plymouth-Canton Educational Park kids scream passionately about their beliefs demanding to be heard and demanding others to take action. Now I lecture others about being active in elections and respecting everyone's culture, race or sexuality. I feel like I'm part of a cause that going to change America for the better and I know it's the teachers, the students and the classes at Salem high school that shaped me into the person I am today.