Salem High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+213 Students
- A+163 Students
- B-143 Students
- B+125 Students
- B+83 Students
- C+81 Students
- B+79 Students
- B+78 Students
- B+68 Students
- B36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Schools like Salem High School
- ACanton High School
- Plymouth-Canton Community Schools, MI
- PK, 8-12
- 273 reviews
- A+Wylie E. Groves High School
- Birmingham Public Schools, MI
- PK, 9-12
- 185 reviews
- A+Novi High School
- Novi Community School District, MI
- PK, 9-12
- 370 reviews
- A-University High School Academy
- Southfield Public School District, MI
- 310 reviews
Salem High School Reviews
Review Salem High School
It was a great school. Very diverse and full of oppurtunities for its students. I had good and bad teachers, but the good ones left a much larger impact than the bad ones. I have plently of happy memories from my four years in Plymouth-Canton. I just wish we didn't have to walk in the cold!
I loved many of the teachers I had, and the connection with the other two schools on the campus--definitely prepared me for college. Since we had to walk from building to building during any weather, it would have been great to see the school put a little more effort into clearing the path of snow and ice--I remember plenty of people slipping and falling on ice because it just wasn't a priority, while other less important things, like dress code were overemphasized.
Salem high school gives you a great experience of different diversity and culture and has many different options and opportunities to grow as a student and individual. Salem high school is one of the three schools at PCEP in canton Michigan, there are over 6,000 students that attend the park, so you have a lot of social interaction. Pcep offers tons of classes and programs to help you grow as a person and educated student, there are also a ton of after school activities such as sports, and clubs that help prepare the students for college and help get involved in the community to help out. I have so far enjoyed my experiences at Salem high school and can't wait to create more memories with playing high school soccer and joining clubs and also different classes to further my future career in nursing.