Salem High School is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Canton, MI. It has 2,022 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 61% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Salem High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+283 Students
- A+231 Students
- B-196 Students
- B+185 Students
- B+133 Students
- B+128 Students
- B+117 Students
- C+103 Students
- B+90 Students
- B64 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Schools like Salem High School
- ACanton High School
- Plymouth-Canton Community Schools, MI
- PK, 8-12
- 294 reviews
- A+Wylie E. Groves High School
- Birmingham Public Schools, MI
- PK, 9-12
- 199 reviews
- A+Novi High School
- Novi Community School District, MI
- PK, 9-12
- 386 reviews
- A-University High School Academy
- Southfield Public School District, MI
- 326 reviews
Salem High School Reviews
You could be a senior at the park (PCEP) and still not know everyone. You can definitely find the friends for you as well as the electives you want to be specialized. The teachers and administration is great, they care and present full resources possible to you when needed. It gets tiring walking between each school but it really keeps things from being boring. Salem has the best breakfast out of the three schools at the park too. After school activities are a life saver and help you make so many friends. Im into rap music and my friend and I started a rapheads club and I'm the VP, its so fun. Im a kid who enjoys school especially at Salem.
This high school prepared me so well for college! As a high school student, I would always complain about the walking and the stress of homework. But, all of this helped me prepare for college.
It was a great school. Very diverse and full of oppurtunities for its students. I had good and bad teachers, but the good ones left a much larger impact than the bad ones. I have plently of happy memories from my four years in Plymouth-Canton. I just wish we didn't have to walk in the cold!