Since 1772, Salem Academy has helped girls build the skills and confidence to achieve independently and together. Ranked among the best private high schools in North Carolina, Salem offers inspiring academics, holistic leadership development, and comprehensive college preparation. At Salem Academy, girls discover their voice and explore where it can lead them.
Small class sizes mean girls receive more individualized attention, more personalized academic experiences, and more leadership opportunities. Salem tuition includes dual-enrollment access, so students can earn college credit on the adjacent campus of Salem College. Salem students are held to high standards in both written and oral communication, preparing them for college and career.
At Salem, girls grow independently and together. Top-ranking robotics and Model UN teams enrich student learning. And 87% of Salem students play a sport, even if they haven’t played one in the past.
We’re saving a place for you at Salem Academy.
Salem Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+43 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+25 Students
- A-18 Students
- B+17 Students
- B-17 Students
- A16 Students
- A+15 Students
- A+15 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses