Saint Stephens High School is an above average, public school located in Hickory, NC. It has 1,251 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 1% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Saint Stephens High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+160 Students
- A+150 Students
- A-142 Students
- A+120 Students
- B-105 Students
- B105 Students
- B+86 Students
- B-76 Students
- B+72 Students
- C+55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Saint Stephens High School Reviews
Just your average school if I'm honest. A lot of the teachers are great at their jobs, especially those in the visual arts department who are clearly passionate about what they do. Relatively diverse. Some students tend to be pretty intolerant and judgmental (that's not really the school's fault, but still.) Overall great teachers, amazing faculty, but it's not a spectacular school. They've got a great arts department and library, though!
The School is very nice and the teachers are amazing! They offer a wide variety of honors and AP classes. The teachers are very supportive and try to help in every way they can. The sports are very exciting, they have a very good wrestling program and the other programs are good as well. The teachers that teach advanced / honors/ AP courses are very proficient and know a lot about the subject they teach, so they can prepare students for the AP test. Would recommend to any student.
Saint Stephens High School allowed me to discover my interests and explore different courses. Unfortunately, there tended to be social barriers that separated people into various categories. I rate my experience as average because that is exactly what it is: average. There is nothing extraordinary, nor is there anything below. I went to football games that lacked school spirit, and I attended to pep rallies that lasted all of 10 minutes. I met people, some of which I did and did not like, and that is my high school experience, painfully average.