COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Saint Joe's is back on campus! We are offering in person learning as well as remote learning if you choose that option. Remote learners "Zoom" into live class meetings so that they are learning the same material, at the same time, as the on-campus learners. We are operating on Block Scheduling Monday - Friday, 7:50 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Learn More
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
The 199-year tradition of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart is grounded in a holistic approach to education. We believe that young persons learn from their total experience of the school setting.
We advocate an orderly and disciplined environment that is respectful, consistent and fair, and based on a relationship of mutual trust and cooperation. To promote an environment characterized by Christian concern and friendly discipline, we give our personal attention to developing open and genuine relationships with our students and parents through opportunities outside of class time and in less formal settings.
We view academic excellence as the development of our students to the maximum of their potential. We establish a demanding curriculum, provide interesting lessons, and continually adapt our curriculum to help our students become the persons God created them to be.
Saint Joseph A College Preparatory School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A130 Students
- B+76 Students
- A+61 Students
- B+49 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+46 Students
- A-41 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+38 Students
The Formation Program at Saint Joe's is designed to address non-traditional educational components that are vital to our students’ development but are not covered in the normal curriculum. A few areas of particular interest include leadership and character development, diversity seminars, and appropriate social media usage.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
- The Falcon Flock28%
- Basketball Games15%
- Any sport or event that gains attention is alright13%
- Football Games13%
- Soccer Games8%
- Pep Rallies5%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Saint Joseph A College Preparatory School Reviews
Pros: Teachers here were mostly good. They wanted to see the students succeed. The brothers here were usually very nice. A lot of rules and regs and every St Joes student will get a lunch duty at some point. However this provided me a better foundation for the work force than college did.
Cons: Besides no females I thought these were some of the least Catholic/Christian kids I knew. Meaning sex, drugs, cheating, trying to bribe teachers, bullying, and hazing all happened here. Don’t kid your self the boys here didn’t walk around with halos over their heads. Social cliques were also pretty strong. It’d be hard to find a niche here if you weren’t active in a sport.
I understand the review of 2/5 might be a little harsh as this place wasn’t hell on earth. However it did leave me with a bad taste in my mouth for years afterwards.