Saginaw High School is a public school located in Saginaw, MI. It has 580 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Saginaw High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B96 Students
- A87 Students
- B82 Students
- B-66 Students
- B61 Students
- B+61 Students
- B-60 Students
- A+59 Students
- B+45 Students
- B40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Saginaw High School
- NGRuben Daniels Community School
- Saginaw Public Schools, MI
- C+Hill-McCloy High School
- Montrose Community Schools, MI
- 74 reviews
- CSt. Charles Community Middle/High School
- St. Charles Community Schools, MI
- 26 reviews
- BHemlock High School
- Hemlock Public School District, MI
- 79 reviews
Saginaw High School Reviews
Most of the teachers at Saginaw High School teach to make us better as students. There teaching skills may be confusing but when we need extra help, they help us. Most teachers engage in the students learning by doing more hands on instead of a lecture all the time. If students learn to listen more, it won't be as hard. The communication skills is great if you be there everyday and care about getting an education. Everybody get the same treatment, nobody is treated differently. The grading is so so because some teachers be very busy and do last minute grading, but on the other hand others put grades in right away!
I have been at Saginaw High School for 4 years now and it has gotten me so far in my academic success. I was able to get on top 10 within less than a year, they were so friendly on the cheerleading them and the staff really supported me through my years of high school. I would want to see other good students to be seen and for them to be able to participate in educational field trips because they deserve it.
My experience at Saginaw High School was great, a high school experience truly worth living. A school where everyone is family or acquainted in some way, shape, or form. SHS makes learning fun and interesting, its more than just a school.