Saginaw High School is a public school located in Saginaw, MI. It has 570 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Saginaw High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B124 Students
- A121 Students
- B116 Students
- B97 Students
- B-94 Students
- B+90 Students
- B-85 Students
- A+76 Students
- B+62 Students
- B61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Saginaw High School
- NGRuben Daniels Community School
- Saginaw Public Schools, MI
- 1 review
- B-Hill-McCloy High School
- Montrose Community Schools, MI
- 79 reviews
- C+St. Charles Community Middle/High School
- St. Charles Community Schools, MI
- 33 reviews
- B-Hemlock High School
- Hemlock Public School District, MI
- 86 reviews
Saginaw High School Reviews
A great family-oriented school. My mother, aunt, uncle and many other family members have graduated from here. But I felt like I was not really prepared for college from here alone. Great sports!
I think that Saginaw High is a school that is always looked down on. The school isn't that bad, though. I feel that the teachers and staff try to have a productive environment, but the students don't care for it. It's an ok school. The staff make it feel like a community.
I've been attending Saginaw high for about five years now and I have enjoyed every minute. The teaching there is amazing, and the adults are also very helpful. I have no complaints what so ever about this school. The food is amazing as well. We can choose from different buffets at lunch. They are also doing a good job with preparing us for college as well. On top of all of this I am in the Marching band which makes it even more amazing for me. The one thing I would change about this school is the time it starts. 7:45 is way to early in my opinion everything else is good.