Saginaw Arts & Sciences Academy is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Saginaw, MI. It has 605 students in grades 5-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Saginaw Arts & Sciences Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A94 Students
- A+92 Students
- B74 Students
- B66 Students
- B+46 Students
- B-41 Students
- B+41 Students
- B-39 Students
- B26 Students
- B25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Saginaw Arts & Sciences Academy
- CArthur Hill High School
- Saginaw Public Schools, MI
- 109 reviews
- B+Heritage High School
- Saginaw Township Community Schools, MI
- 229 reviews
- A-Frankenmuth High School
- Frankenmuth School District, MI
- 58 reviews
- B+Swan Valley High School
- Swan Valley School District, MI
- 101 reviews
Saginaw Arts & Sciences Academy Reviews
I am currently a high schooler at Saginaw Arts and Sciences Acadamy and am having a great experience! All the students genuinely want to learn all the teachers there want to see the students succeed and take time to explain and elaborate everything they teach. The school is broken up into concentration classes which means students who are gifted in the arts or math and science excell in their chosen AP classes such as dance, theatre, art, social studies, voice keyboard, and math science. There are a lot of high school and even middle school extra curricular activities that all students could attend. There is not a huge focus on sports but there are joint programs, plays, and concerts as a part of the school experience. There are contests, performances, and many other opportunities provided, many students have been awarded for these such as a silver key award and financial winnings as well to go to the school for necessities that will fund the concentration's needs.
I’d love to see more activities/clubs incorporated. While it always sucked not having the athletics department be as prominent as it could be, incorporating more clubs would help take your mind off it!
Saginaw Arts and Sciences Academy is a high-performing, quality school for all students. The teachers are supportive and give amazing feed-back that pushes students beyond the benchmark and inspires them to become more active in their community. SASA offers extra-curricular activities including: chemistry club, multi-cultural club and a wide array of sports and fund-raising programs. It is truly a school that encourages students to work hard and use problem solving skills in life.