Saginaw Arts & Sciences Academy is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Saginaw, MI. It has 651 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Saginaw Arts & Sciences Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+78 Students
- A+71 Students
- B58 Students
- B+51 Students
- B-36 Students
- B-33 Students
- B+33 Students
- B+32 Students
- B-19 Students
- B18 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Saginaw Arts & Sciences Academy
- C-Arthur Hill High School
- Saginaw Public Schools, MI
- 104 reviews
- B+Heritage High School
- Saginaw Township Community Schools, MI
- 217 reviews
- AFrankenmuth High School
- Frankenmuth School District, MI
- 55 reviews
- BSwan Valley High School
- Swan Valley School District, MI
- 98 reviews
Saginaw Arts & Sciences Academy Reviews
I am currently a high schooler at Saginaw Arts and Sciences Acadamy and am having a great experience! All the students genuinely want to learn all the teachers there want to see the students succeed and take time to explain and elaborate everything they teach. The school is broken up into concentration classes which means students who are gifted in the arts or math and science excell in their chosen AP classes such as dance, theatre, art, social studies, voice keyboard, and math science. There are a lot of high school and even middle school extra curricular activities that all students could attend. There is not a huge focus on sports but there are joint programs, plays, and concerts as a part of the school experience. There are contests, performances, and many other opportunities provided, many students have been awarded for these such as a silver key award and financial winnings as well to go to the school for necessities that will fund the concentration's needs.
I enjoyed my time here and feel that I was well prepared for college. However, some of the teachers here are horrible and have no respect for students. The current administration is terrible and this school is highly underfunded. It is a good school with great academics and it's sports program is slowly, but surely coming back.
SASA is a great school for all the kids that wouldn't fit in at a regular school. This place is so diverse and allows to all learn about different cultures and religions and allowes us to form very strong friendships. You grow up with these people because they are generally there from 6th grade on up. Since it is such a small school, you get to know everyone in your class on a personal level. The teachers also get to know you well because the staff to student ratio isn't very high. This school offered me a lot of opportunities I know other schools would not have. I love this school very much and everything it has to offer because it prepared me for the rest of my life.