Sacred Heart Griffin High School is a highly rated, private, Catholic school located in Springfield, IL. It has 684 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. Tuition is $8,250 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 74% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Sacred Heart Griffin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+71 Students
- A+60 Students
- A58 Students
- B39 Students
- A-37 Students
- A33 Students
- A-27 Students
- B26 Students
- A-25 Students
- A+23 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Sacred Heart Griffin High School Reviews
Sacred Heart Griffin welcomed me into their school 4 short years ago and I've been grateful to them ever since. They truly care about each and every student's grades and well-being. I have never felt excluded during my time there and always felt like I had a voice. They have many clubs that anyone can join. If you really enjoy something, chances are they have a class or club for it! SHG also has a very good faculty/student relationship. There is at least one adult in the building that a student feels comfortable with and can tell them anything.
I did enjoy all the friends and memories that I made at SHG. My teachers were all so so amazing throughout my four years in high school. Both my xc and track team members were always supportive and encouraging every single day no matter what happened! I am so glad that I was enrolled at this school that helped me grow as a young adult and helped me get ready for college since freshman year! These past four years at SHG were a blast and I will never forget the wonderful times that I had here.
I’m currently a junior at SHG. I really love my school; it’s pushing my limits and testing my abilities. I have made great friends and I love the extracurriculars. However, SHG is not a very diverse community. Recently, there was a situation where the Catholic Church’s values prevented the hiring of a possibly great teacher because she was lesbian. Looking beyond these circumstances, SHG is a really great school.