Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Sachem High School North is an above average, public school located in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY. It has 2,195 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Sachem High School North Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-326 Students
- C171 Students
- A+164 Students
- A-162 Students
- A+112 Students
- B108 Students
- B105 Students
- B+100 Students
- A+94 Students
- C+94 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 163 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.61 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.65 responses
Schools like Sachem High School North
- A-Sachem High School East
- Sachem Central School District, NY
- 510 reviews
- A-Centereach High School
- Middle Country Central School District, NY
- 279 reviews
- B+Miller Place High School
- Miller Place Union Free School District, NY
- 168 reviews
- A-Babylon Junior/Senior High School
- Babylon Union Free School District, NY
- 76 reviews
Sachem High School North Reviews
My experience with Sachem High School North has been very good. I think the teachers and staff are excellent and they provide a lot of opportunity academically to be successful. I think the guidance counselors could be a little more helpful with the college application process and is a little behind the times with the transcript request process. Completing a paper form and then submitting it to the assistant in the guidance office is not efficient, especially with the technology of today. Overall, our experience has been great!
Sachem North HS is the second largest HS in NY state. There are over 2000 students in the graduating class! There are several AP classes, honors and a variety of BOCES programs for students that want to enter a vocational tract. Great place, great teachers, lots of opportunities! Take advantage!
Sachem North is a very average school that provides widely varied experiences for it’s students. The teachers in this school tend to be either horrible, both as teachers and as people, or amazing, enriching educators/role models. There are many extracurriculars for students to be involved in and express creativity, as well as many honor societies that encourage students to do well. The amazing teachers in the school tend to lie among the music, science, and english departments and have taught myself and others both how to enjoy learning and how to enjoy life. The life lessons I learned in those classes will stay with me for a life time. Overall, I’d give this school 3 stars. While some of those in administration, and the facilities could be better, the experience provided my some key teachers throughout the school made attending this school an experience that was worth it.