Rutland Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Rutland, VT. It has 839 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Rutland Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-126 Students
- B-92 Students
- A+41 Students
- A-39 Students
- A33 Students
- B29 Students
- B27 Students
- A+26 Students
- B24 Students
- A+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Rutland Senior High School
Rutland Senior High School Reviews
To be completely honest, I struggled mentally for my first two years and I believe that’s because, even though I was surrounded by a bunch of “friends” none of them were truly there for me and I felt alone. Junior and Senior year were the complete opposite, which is weird because that’s when I was actually happy and I was glad to have found my few real friends that stuck around. Overall, I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. Rutland High School offers so many different class and different services if you need help.
Rutland High School offers a lot of different things to participate in which suit all kinds of interests. School spirit and pride among sports teams, clubs, music groups, and festivals is a key part of being a Rutland Raider. Because of the smaller size of the school, students can form close and personal relationships with teachers and staff, which can sometimes lead to lifelong bonds. Overall, a more than decent place to learn and play.
Rutland high school had a lot of ups and downs. There are good people and bad. Good teachers and bad. I was lucky enough to be friends with a good group and get along with the teachers we’ll. I work very hard but it’s noticeable there is no diversity. It’s Rutland VT so you wouldn’t expect any which is difficult. I enjoyed it for the most part. When You have a problem you should deal with it between yourself and parents because teachers and staff would rather not get their hands dirty and stay out of it until they really must have to. The sports are good even though I don’t play one. We have about 4-5 tests a week to make sure we understand the content however when we don’t understand it’s hard to sit down and learn it all over again