Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Rutland High School is a public school located in Macon, GA. It has 948 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 14% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Rutland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+144 Students
- B+121 Students
- B119 Students
- B+109 Students
- C+87 Students
- NG59 Students
- C+55 Students
- A+55 Students
- B55 Students
- C53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Rutland High School Reviews
Rutland High School is a great school for students to expand their educational knowledge but also grow into the leader. With limitless opportunities, provided by dedicated teachers, administrators, and students, with a strong desire, any student can be successful. The school gives ways for students to lead others. Our school also teaches students to be respectful and responsible and I believe that is very important throughout today's culture.
Every year at Rutland seems to get better and better. The teachers and staff are all so welcoming and willing to help, but not only that, so are the students. Most will expect other students to act negatively towards new or "odd" students, but this is not the case. The origin of such a positive attitude across the student body can only have originated from one place: the care that Rutland places in developing leaders for the future who are Respectful and Responsible.
Rutland is a rough environment for unsure students. As drugs, gangs and terrible violence can all be found in the hallways. With the exception of a handful, the educators are not dedicated and the students do not respect them, because of their lack of authority. The poor environment is simply accepted by most educators and therefore is not subject to change soon