Rutherford High School is a highly rated, public school located in Rutherford, NJ. It has 744 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Rutherford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A152 Students
- B104 Students
- A-77 Students
- A+73 Students
- B61 Students
- A-60 Students
- A59 Students
- A+58 Students
- B+55 Students
- B-51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Rutherford High School
- AColumbia High School
- South Orange-Maplewood School District, NJ
- 425 reviews
- A-James Caldwell High School
- Caldwell-West Caldwell School District, NJ
- 112 reviews
- A-Jonathan Dayton High School
- Springfield Public School District, NJ
- 120 reviews
- BScience, Technology & Research High School at Erasmus
- New York City Geographic District No. 17, NY
- 86 reviews
Rutherford High School Reviews
It was a pleasure attending Rutherford High School. It is a very welcoming community, and its academics have been getting better over the years with more rigorous courses being added to the curriculum. There is something for everyone at RHS, and it is just a great place to go to school! Some of the teachers are amazing, while some are ok. You have to choose your classes wisely in some cases. Other than that, it is a very nice school. Go DAWGS!
Rutherford High School has prepared me for my future in many ways. They helped me prepare and organize for everything from college essays, scholarships, and even college applications. If it wasn't for them, then I would've been so behind and would have missed out many important deadlines.
Rutherford High School offers many excellent opportunities for students to pursue various fields, such as engineering, the arts, literature, history, and so on. There are many Honors and AP courses that students can take in order to challenge themselves and possibly earn college credit.