Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Russellville High School is an above average, public school located in Russellville, AL. It has 721 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Russellville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B179 Students
- C+123 Students
- A-114 Students
- A107 Students
- A-87 Students
- A82 Students
- A-61 Students
- A-37 Students
- B37 Students
- B37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Russellville High School
- B-Deshler High School
- Tuscumbia City Schools, AL
- 59 reviews
- B-Sheffield High School
- Sheffield City Schools, AL
- 32 reviews
- C+Colbert County High School
- Colbert County Schools, AL
- 57 reviews
- B-Belgreen High School
- Franklin County Schools, AL
- PK, K-12
- 10 reviews
Russellville High School Reviews
What I liked about RHS was the easy student-involvement. There was so many clubs and opportunities to be involved during school. Wanted to go to a sporting event? Easy, just listen to the announcements or check your email for the home game schedule for events that month! Plus, get in free or cheaper whenever you wear RHS gear! Also, the counselors did a great job on keeping everyone up to date with their degree track and scholarship opportunities.
At Russellville High School, we have a diverse community. We believe that anyone can do anything if only they set their mind to it. The teachers and faculty are caring and compassionate towards the students, offering life lessons along with education. Many opportunities are offered, ranging from football to the library club. A change that is needed at Russellville schools is its money hungry agenda. We, the students, along with many parents, raise money for the school. We pay unnamed fees, but where does that money go. Does it go towards the school lunches, Christmas bonuses, or all towards funding the football team?
Russellville Highschool is an amazing school where we are always challenged academically, but also have many opportunities for extra curricular activities and clubs. Our school is very involved, and has so many opportunities for every type of career choice. I am proud to be a golden tiger!