Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Russell High School is an above average, public school located in Russell, KY. It has 664 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Russell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-105 Students
- B-87 Students
- B-77 Students
- A-71 Students
- B-54 Students
- B-50 Students
- B-40 Students
- C+37 Students
- B+33 Students
- A27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Russell High School
- A-Wheelersburg High School
- Wheelersburg Local School District, OH
- 45 reviews
- BPaul G. Blazer High School
- Ashland Independent Schools, KY
- 121 reviews
- C+Boyd County High School
- Boyd County Public Schools, KY
- 101 reviews
- BRaceland-Worthington High School
- Raceland-Worthington Independent Schools, KY
- 56 reviews
Russell High School Reviews
I like that teachers and administration are very supportive of decisions and that they offer a lot of different classes for people. The things I would like to see change would be the level of support from counselors getting into college, especially for seniors. I think that it’s been really challenging trying to find time to go see my counselor and getting the right help and communication from them.
While Russell has pretty high test scores, the faculty is mixed. While some are excellent, passionate teachers, others couldn't keep their religious / political views out of classes.
Russell High School is a great learning environment. It is very safe, and the school isn't too big. I do not have any bad experiences to share about Russell, it is great!