Russell County High School is a public school located in Russell Springs, KY. It has 855 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Russell County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-103 Students
- A-82 Students
- C77 Students
- C+57 Students
- B-57 Students
- C52 Students
- A-43 Students
- B27 Students
- B+18 Students
- B+17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Russell County High School Reviews
There's quite a lot that I like about my high school. We're in a very rural community, so even the high school is filled with the bliss of a small town. The teachers are invested in the well-being of the students, as well as their education. You have great freedom in scheduling; you can customize your classes to prepare you for your career/college major. There's also a great number of clubs, sports, and other activities to keep you involved. I have had an amazing time for the past four years.
Russell County is an awesome community. From the backroads to the center of town, there’s something for every country person in town.
I liked having teachers who made me feel like they cared. Attending our vocational school is a main factor in what helped me decide my career choice. It has helped me get many opportunities that I might not have had at another school. Although I have enjoyed the majority of my time at Russell County High School , no school is perfect. I would like to see ol become more school spirited and have more pep rallys. I would also like to see the students get recog