Ruskin High School is a public school located in Kansas City, MO. It has 1,078 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Ruskin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+180 Students
- A-150 Students
- B144 Students
- B105 Students
- B88 Students
- A-85 Students
- C74 Students
- A-71 Students
- NG70 Students
- A-63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Ruskin High School
- C-J.C. Harmon High School
- Kansas City Public Schools, KS
- 194 reviews
- C+Raytown South High School
- Raytown C-II School District, MO
- 178 reviews
- B+Belton High School
- Belton School District, MO
- 205 reviews
- CTurner High School
- Turner Unified School District, KS
- 179 reviews
Ruskin High School Reviews
I'm not gonna lie, Ruskin has definitely gotten better in these past few years. There isn't a fight everyday, quality of teaching has gone up, and the school is receiving actual funding! They're even putting money towards upgrading the track and field!
Ruskin is not what people see at all. From previous years and media stories people view Ruskin as a rundown school full of delinquent teenagers. However I see Ruskin as a game changer. I came into high school not knowing the first thing about what I wanted to do in life, or even what i wanted to do in life at all but this school changed that. My teachers worked with me as well as the principal to connect me with my profession and other people of my profession. Even though they are a little strict, they make sure that the best is done for their students.
As a junior at Ruskin High School, I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. I have learned so much from all of the classes I have taken and from the classes I’m taking now. I’ve always been one of the top notch students by taking literally ONLY college classes and I feel that those teachers teaching those subjects are doing a great job. Ruskin has a bad reputation when it comes to the media and really affects us, the students, because we know it’s not all bad as everyone tries to make it. Those negative comments are mostly from people who have never been in the area or inside the school. The only real issue is, the media likes to only pay attention to some of the bad things about Ruskin. There has been MANY accomplishments and great work that has been done here that nobody around us would know.