For over 100 years, Roycemore has helped students unlock their passion and talents to prepare them to live extraordinary lives!
One of our hallmarks is the ability to differentiate and deliver a college prep program without a pressure cooker environment. Our commitment to differentiation results in greater engagement, plus learning and understanding of subject matter that is both deeper and longer lasting.
Whether in early childhood where children use the same materials but complete activities at different levels, or in the Upper School where students can take classes at Northwestern University at no additional tuition, Roycemore’s commitment to differentiation provides for a student-centered environment where children thrive.
With low student-teacher ratios, we can differentiate in ways other schools cannot. We believe this helps students Engage MORE. Because of such engagement, they Achieve MORE. And with that achievement they Become MORE. This is the MORE of Roycemore.
Roycemore School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+11 Students
- A+10 Students
- A+9 Students
- A-8 Students
- A+8 Students
- A-8 Students
- A+6 Students
- A-6 Students
- B-6 Students
- A6 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Roycemore School Reviews
The faculty: The teachers are incredible and genuinely care for each single child. Great teacher to student ratio (1/14) and excellent leadership.
The diversity: 48% students are non-Caucasian. The school models a sense of social responsibility by taking part into community-oriented projects.
Differentiation: The pedagogical approach is all about differentiation. In the lower school, the kids break up into need-based groups across two grades (first and second, third and fourth) for reading and math, with support from a gifted coordinator. Academics are very strong.
Ethics: The lower school participates in a great program that emphasize “seven habits” including collaboration, respect for others, self-motivation, organization, etc. The teachers design imaginative activities prompting the kids to apply those habits in real life.
The space: The facilities are bright, clean, and colorful.
WE LOVE ROYCEMORE!
Roycemore is a great choice for students who desire a close community, individualized attention, or who want to be a leader. Class sizes are small (often <10 in AP classes) and allow for plenty of teacher-student interaction. The close-knit community also offers a lot of opportunities to be a leader: for instance, I was captain of sports teams and helped organize a yearly carnival that the high schoolers organize for the lower and middle schoolers.
Perhaps my favorite part was taking classes at Northwestern University.
Not only did this enable me to skip introductory classes in college, but gave real-life preparation for college.
Finally, I gained a lot from the diverse student body. I had friends of every race and family background while at Roycemore, and this really broadened my perspective on life in the years to come.