Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Royal High School is a public school located in Royal City, WA. It has 503 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Royal High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-257 Students
- A248 Students
- B-209 Students
- B-206 Students
- A+175 Students
- C145 Students
- B+90 Students
- A-83 Students
- C70 Students
- B-57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Royal High School Reviews
Royal High School is a great place to attend for an overall friendly atmosphere and excellent teachers. The school is relatively small so students really get a chance to know everyone, and everyone has a good group of friends. The teachers are great at helping students succeed in and out of the classroom. But, I think the best part about this school is the sports programs. Royal High School is filled with tons of athletic students and is known for its unstoppable football team. The school highly encourages everyone to play at least one sport during their high school experience. Although the school is great, I do think that it needs the improvement with its resources. If the school had more resources available, I truly feel like the students would have more opportunities to explore new creative outlets and more careers that they would be interested in. Overall though, the school is an 8/10!
Royal High School is a small, community-based place. All of the students there know one another which makes us feel like a family. We have awesome staff members who do everything in their power to set us for success and prepare us for life after college. They are all welcoming and make sure the students are aware that they are there to help. Royal High School has brought me closer to staff members, friends, my community, and has opened my eyes to what I want for my future. I will always be grateful to have experienced my four years of High School in a safe and happy place.
I grew up in Royal City, and my overall experience has been amazing. I have learned so much and I have to say my best year was my senior year. The way the teachers prepared us students for the real world is something I will never stop being grateful for. Even though we were pushed to do so much, I'm sure everyone can agree that it was worth it. As a nineteen-year-old, I graduated and moved out of state to run a family business and have decided to go to college but thanks to the school and their help I can pursue my dream career. I think Royal High School is improving each year with new programs they are adding to the school, which is awesome that way all kids are involved and have the chance to take part. I will never forget what they have done for me.