Roy C. Ketcham Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Wappingers Falls, NY. It has 1,753 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Roy C. Ketcham Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C169 Students
- A-121 Students
- A+116 Students
- A-104 Students
- B94 Students
- B81 Students
- B+76 Students
- A+71 Students
- A-68 Students
- A56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 96 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Roy C. Ketcham Senior High School
- A-John Jay Senior High School
- Wappingers Central School District, NY
- 294 reviews
- B+Highland High School
- Highland Central School District, NY
- 60 reviews
- BDover High School
- Dover Union Free School District, NY
- 36 reviews
- B+Wallkill Senior High School
- Wallkill Central School District, NY
- 124 reviews
Roy C. Ketcham Senior High School Reviews
There are a lot of really amazing teachers in the building who genuinely care about students. Unfortunately, guidance counselors pressure kids to take classes they may not wanna take or take kids out of classes they’re worked hard to get into because they personally feel that the student isn’t ready for the class despite having the prerequisites. Athletics are a big part of the school and get funded somewhat. Clubs and extracurriculars have little to no funding and the school doesn’t care about them. The school officers and administrators are loved by many and genuinely care for students. Most teachers are always willing to help want success for all their students. Earbuds are taken more seriously than drugs and juuls at the school which is outrageous.
Roy C Ketcham was honestly a very good school. The history department has some of the most remarkable and intellectual individuals who value what they teach. Most teachers at this school have a soft spot for their students and they love their jobs. There are multiple clubs you can join and get involved with. They offer great resources for extra help and there is always help available, you just have to ask. The art classes offered are wonderful, I highly recommend taking Ceramics with Ms. Amanda Reardon. She was wonderful and down to earth, she really loves her kids and her job and creating.
I love the teachers, they make going to school worth it most days. I love all the class options we are offered everyone can find their place from regents level classes to honors to A.P. and beyond. Many classes for upperclassmen also offer college credits for much less than would be offered at an actual university, whether that be through D.C.C. or S.U.N.Y. Albany or others. Counselors make it really easy to choose classes that will fulfill all needed requirements. The electives are amazing as well, again there's something for everyone including amazing class options like ceramics and philosophy.