Roxboro Community School is an above average, public, charter school located in Roxboro, NC. It has 724 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Roxboro Community School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+69 Students
- A+64 Students
- A-55 Students
- B+52 Students
- B+46 Students
- B+41 Students
- B-34 Students
- B32 Students
- B30 Students
- C+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Roxboro Community School Reviews
RCS is a college-prep middle & high school to prepare students for college readiness. The classes are small & teachers want to help you succeed. The school has all type of sports for boys & girls to participate. Overall, RCS is the best school in our town!
I found that there was a reasonably strong support system at this school from both teachers and counselors alike. While this could not be said for all teachers, I found it to be true in most cases. The extracurricular activities involved with this school (specifically those relating to band) were fun and, for the most part, well-organized.
My experience as a student here was good and I would definitely recommend it for any academics-focused person. While the workload can be heavy, the general culture in the school is quite positive and community-like. It was often interesting being in such a small and new school but I will definitely have many fond memories from it.