ROWVA Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Oneida, IL. It has 281 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
ROWVA Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-40 Students
- B+26 Students
- B22 Students
- A-14 Students
- A+13 Students
- A13 Students
- B12 Students
- B-12 Students
- A+11 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like ROWVA Senior High School
- BKnoxville Senior High School
- Knoxville Community Unit School District No. 202, IL
- 90 reviews
- BAlwood Middle/High School
- Alwood Community Unit School District No. 225, IL
- 24 reviews
- BGalva Junior/Senior High School
- Galva Community Unit School District No. 224, IL
- 21 reviews
- BGalesburg High School
- Galesburg Community Unit School District No. 205, IL
- 182 reviews
ROWVA Senior High School Reviews
I think that ROWVA is a really good AG school but lacks in other areas. They are very good at trying to get everyone involved with the school and sports but go about it the wrong way. ROWVA is a good high school if you want a small rural school where everyone pretty much knows everyone. ROWVA also has a four-block schedule which can be good in some areas and bad in others. It's good because teachers can use the extra time to do more things in class and be more interactive. But it can also be a bad thing because teachers can get off-topic easily and not cover as much in class as you would with a standard schedule. Overall ROWVA is a good school if you want to make connections or go into AG but if you want to be a doctor or a Math teacher I wouldn't say that ROWVA is a bad place to go but it shouldn't be your first choice.
At ROWVA Senior High School, it is a small-town school that tries to give it's students the best with what it has. Sure, it doesn't have the best facilities, but we don't have that much money though.
Nothing special, they don't prepare their students to go to college despite their claims. Yes it is on the students to succeed, but there are a disproportionately high amount of recent alumni coming back home because they weren't prepared for the college experience.