- SALT LAKE CITY, UT
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
During the 2020–2021 school year, we designed and successfully implemented three different teaching and learning models, fully on-campus, hybrid, and distance-learning. We are proud to say that we did not miss a single day of school and had no documented COVID-19 transmission on campus. For the 2021–2022 school year, we are conducting exclusively in-person learning with students masking indoors. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A
Rowland Hall is an independent school in Salt Lake City serving 976 students in preschool through twelfth grade. Driven by our vision of inspiring students who make a difference, Rowland Hall sets the standard for teaching and learning excellence in a warm, inclusive environment where students form meaningful relationships that cultivate confidence and self-discovery. Transformational academic and co-curricular programs including experiential learning opportunities, self-expression through the arts, and a competitive athletic program ensure students are challenged both inside and outside the classroom. We foster curiosity, compassion, and joy throughout the learning process and graduate young adults who know how to think critically and live with purpose.
Located near the base of the stunning Wasatch Mountain Range and adjacent to the University of Utah, a world-class research university and medical center, Rowland Hall attracts a diverse community of people and thought.
Rowland Hall Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A103 Students
- grade A+34 Students
- grade B32 Students
- grade A+29 Students
- grade A+25 Students
- grade A24 Students
- grade A+21 Students
- grade A+19 Students
- grade A+19 Students
- grade A18 Students
Rowland Hall Debate - Best in Class
In just the last five years, Rowland Hall Debate has produced nine State Champions, 16 National Qualifiers, and 12 Academic All-Americans, and sent dozens of students to college on scholarships. Our most competitive Upper School debaters travel across the country. Others stay committed to regional or local competitions, but everyone is committed to personal excellence.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 18 responses
- Interim Trips for High School Students26%
- Sporting events26%
- Community service through the school.21%
- Dances and stomps19%
- Spirit Week4%
- Weekly religious education that accepts all.4%
- Pep rallies2%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 20 responses
- Offers Full WeekYes
- Offers Part WeekYes
- Offers Full DayYes
- Offers Part DayYes
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 24 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade C+
Rowland Hall Reviews
Since they started school, the curriculum has been very academically focused, but also prioritizing social/emotional learning. Our youngest, who is 5, loves being in a full time classroom setting and her literacy and fine motor skills are noticeably improved. Our eldest, who is in first grade, has made major strides in both reading and math- loving both subjects ands the way they are taught.
The classroom is an exciting place where our girls look forward to being. They have both made friends with all their classmates and the transition has felt very natural. We are incredibly grateful to Rowland Hall!