COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
During the 2020–2021 school year, we designed three different teaching and learning models and focused on the developmental considerations in each division. Our plans are designed to flex between being fully on campus, utilizing hybrid components where some students are present and others are not, and returning to a full distance-learning program if necessary. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A
Rowland Hall is an independent school in Salt Lake City serving 950 students in preschool through twelfth grade. Driven by our vision of inspiring students who make a difference, Rowland Hall sets the standard for teaching and learning excellence in a warm, inclusive environment where students form meaningful relationships that cultivate confidence and self-discovery. Transformational academic and co-curricular programs including experiential learning opportunities, self-expression through the arts, and a competitive athletic program ensure students are challenged both inside and outside the classroom. We foster curiosity, compassion, and joy throughout the learning process and graduate young adults who know how to think critically and live with purpose.
Located near the base of the stunning Wasatch Mountain Range and adjacent to the University of Utah, a world-class research university and medical center, Rowland Hall attracts a diverse community of people and thought.
Rowland Hall Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A101 Students
- grade B+34 Students
- grade A+33 Students
- grade A+27 Students
- grade A24 Students
- grade A+22 Students
- grade A+20 Students
- grade A+20 Students
- grade A minus18 Students
- grade A minus18 Students
Rowland Hall Debate - Best in Class
In just the last five years, Rowland Hall Debate has produced seven State Champions, 19 National Qualifiers, and 14 Academic All-Americans, and sent dozens of students to college on scholarships. Our most competitive Upper School debaters travel across the country. Others stay committed to regional or local competitions, but everyone is committed to personal excellence.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 16 responses
- Interim Trips for High School Students26%
- Sporting events24%
- Community service through the school.22%
- Dances and stomps20%
- Spirit Week4%
- Pep rallies2%
- Weekly religious education that accepts all.2%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 18 responses
- Offers Full WeekNo data available
- Offers Part WeekNo data available
- Offers Full DayYes
- Offers Part DayYes
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 22 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade C+
Rowland Hall Reviews
The teachers quickly learned how to effectively use the seesaw platform, asked for feedback from parents/children, and tailored an excellent 3PreK curriculum for distance learning. Most remarkably they understood the developmental age of the children and made distance learning child friendly. My daughter was able to open the program, click on the links, listen to recorded directions, and was always excited to do the activities. The videos were appropriate in length and interesting in subject for her. She also enjoyed connecting with the other children through a variety of zoom programs.
They did a great job mobilizing and adapting quickly while maintaining a high quality educational experience!
In this same spirit of adaption they have prepared extensively for the return to classroom learning this fall while taking every precaution to ensure health and safety.
Since moving to distance learning, the caliber of instruction has not wavered. The Kindergarten team has provided engaging content, ample feedback, and many opportunities for classmates to connect. They're not using any canned curricula or impersonal learning platforms. Every lesson is crafted by the RH faculty for the students that they know so well. Parent communication continues to be frequent, positive, and makes us feel like a critical partner in our children's learning. We can't recommend the school highly enough!