Rowland Hall is an independent school in Salt Lake City serving 950 students in preschool through twelfth grade. Driven by our vision of inspiring students who make a difference, Rowland Hall sets the standard for teaching and learning excellence in a warm, inclusive environment where students form meaningful relationships that cultivate confidence and self-discovery. Transformational academic and co-curricular programs including experiential learning opportunities, self-expression through the arts, and a competitive athletic program ensure students are challenged both inside and outside the classroom. We foster curiosity, compassion, and joy throughout the learning process and graduate young adults who know how to think critically and live with purpose.
Located near the base of the stunning Wasatch Mountain Range and adjacent to the University of Utah, a world-class research university and medical center, Rowland Hall attracts a diverse community of people and thought.
Rowland Hall Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A90 Students
- B+32 Students
- A+28 Students
- A+24 Students
- A+21 Students
- A+18 Students
- A-16 Students
- A+16 Students
- A+16 Students
- A-16 Students
Rowland Hall Debate - Best in Class
In just the last five years, Rowland Hall Debate has produced seven State Champions, 19 National Qualifiers, and 14 Academic All-Americans, and sent dozens of students to college on scholarships. Our most competitive Upper School debaters travel across the country. Others stay committed to regional or local competitions, but everyone is committed to personal excellence.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Rowland Hall Reviews
In addition to the staff, the school has developed a tremendous array of educational setups that constantly rotate in and out of the classrooms! It's pretty amazing to see the classroom completely transform into a new learning environment every couple of weeks with incredible thought and integration into the curriculum.
We are also very pleased with the balance between traditional academic milestones and social/emotional development and we appreciate the curriculum-wide emphasis on ethics.
Rowland Hall is a special place, we couldn’t be happier with our experience.