Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Round Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Eagar, AZ. It has 366 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Round Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B89 Students
- A63 Students
- A61 Students
- B40 Students
- A+29 Students
- B29 Students
- C+23 Students
- B20 Students
- B16 Students
- C+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Round Valley High School Reviews
Round Valley High School is found in a small town in Northeast Arizona. Our community is very supportive of the activities and programs that go on throughout the year. In three years, our school has gone from a "C" school to an "A" school. Education is becoming more, but there is still room for great improvement. Unfortunately in a small town, not a lot of money is there to support programs or education. I feel like I have been offered the best that Round Valley can give me, but I am ready to see what the world has to offer.
I really enjoy going to Round Valley High School. It is a school in a small community and therefore it is quite easy to be able to associate with a variety of different people. The faculty is very nice and teachers are relatable and willing to take time to assist students in various school assignments. In this school, students really have to work hard in order to achieve good grades. Over the past few years, there have been many changes in staff, including many new teachers. I entered high school just as a new principal was hired. So, I've only had the high school experience with this current principal. I've been able to adapt to the different teaching styles of the new teachers over the years while maintaining good grades in all of my classes. Round Valley High School has many different extracurricular clubs and programs that have competed at state events for many years. These clubs have done very well in these competitions. RVHS also has very successful sports programs.
I like Round Valley High School because it is small where everyone knows everyone. Because of that reason, we can decide more quickly on action that needs to take place and know very quickly the good and bad things happening. One thing that I would change at Round Valley High School is to do more activities in class. By that, I mean to get up and move around and do more hands-on learning. Most students get tired quickly affecting their learning process. I would change to where we have a more hands-on learning environment.