Round Rock High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+280 Students
- A+212 Students
- B+208 Students
- A-153 Students
- A-114 Students
- A100 Students
- B+91 Students
- B-89 Students
- A-83 Students
- A-78 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.51 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.51 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 181 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.57 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.85 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.93 responses
Round Rock High School Reviews
Review Round Rock High School
My overall experience with Round Rock High School has been a mostly positive one. Personally, I think we have an issue with the teachers and their attitude towards students and the subjects they are teaching. Some teachers are biased and play favorites which can distract from the learning environment. Other than the few issues with some of the faculty members, Round Rock High School has been a good experience. Being a sophomore, I'm starting to gain some more insight into what makes this school run, and from what I've seen, it's been mostly positive.
Overall, I believe Round Rock High School is a great school to be at. Their preparation for big exams (such as AP and STAAR) are good enough to get students to pass or reach the scores that they want. I do believe that there is an unhealthy emphasis on grades, GPA, and rank, which sort of hurts the environment. Maybe advocating less for those and more for taking classes that the student is interested in would be a lot better. Also, promoting a healthier school environment (in terms of the looks of the school as well as the student body environment, such as support and friendliness) might help in dealing with the stress of performing well in school.
Round Rock High School (RRHS) in my opinion couldn't have been a more pleasurable experience. The school at the time was growing more and more each year. The facilities were great just as the atmosphere was. Most teachers were their not to teach, but prepare students for college. Administrators were okay at times, not the best but not the worst. But the real attractions was the diverse community and the love for tradition and sports. There was no better feeling than spirit circle on the mornings of a football game or the getting out of class for lunch and walking over to the baseball games, and going a supporting the vast amount of sports. RRHS was a great experience filled with dedicated faculty and a rich atmosphere for maroon and white (school colors). Reminiscing about a great 4 years (class of 2014) I can proudly say I wouldn't have picked any other school.