Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Round Lake Senior High School is a public school located in Round Lake, IL. It has 2,222 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 20% in reading.
Round Lake Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-229 Students
- B+165 Students
- B-159 Students
- A-148 Students
- A-128 Students
- B125 Students
- A+106 Students
- B94 Students
- B+83 Students
- A+83 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Round Lake Senior High School
- C-Waukegan High School
- Waukegan Community Unit School District No. 60, IL
- 513 reviews
- B+McHenry High School - East Campus
- McHenry Community High School District No. 156, IL
- 228 reviews
- B-Zion-Benton Township High School
- Zion-Benton Township High School District No. 126, IL
- 287 reviews
- BJohnsburg High School
- Johnsburg Community Unit School District No. 12, IL
- 146 reviews
Round Lake Senior High School Reviews
Round Lake Senior High school brought out many educational opportunities and benefits towards many students. The school made sure everyone has equal opportunity to garner as much educational knowledge. The brand new building and tools and computers widened the the scope and possibility for better learning. Newer technology enabled better communication and better understanding among teachers, mentors, and students. Graduating from Round Lake Senior High school opened me up to new opportunity and new experiences otherwise not taught by any other school. This High school has improved greatly in terms of provision, and educational standard. The teachers and mentors places their students up to a high standard and teaches them the value of accountability in terms of studies. The Services provided by the school are intermediate and staff is very accommodating and helpful to students and parents alike. Given my experiences in Round Lake Senior High School, I would not trade it for the world.
From the beginning of freshman year And then on, the teachers have been very supportive and extremely helpful. The school itself is nice as well, they made renovations and the school was new and improved in 2016 and they are currently making more renovations to the ticket booth and are making a tennis court for the tennis club. The classes themselves are very good! I’ve learned so many things that I can use in my everyday life, classes like psychology, biology, chemistry, math, etc. are extremely useful in figuring out my career goals. I also really appreciate that they give a lot of recources to the students like IPads, access to computers, access to printers, many activities involving STEM and other career oriented activities. Their college readiness aid is amazing because they give many informational meetings about the process that you need to go through to pick a college that is right for you and they have field trips to visit colleges.
In my honest opinion I think that this school has been good, it's definitely better than most subpar schools I've seen and I think the faculty have been good, I've made friends with some as well. I'm filled with glee as some have been so amiable and have shared the passion with me about subjects like chemistry or biology. However, that being said I think that some of the subject diversity is just alright, some more hands on subjects like metalshop or woodworking are left out and, I believe, are sorely needed. I've heard from the teacher grapevine that they did used to have these subjects but they had to be taken away for one reason or another.