Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Roswell High School is a top rated, public school located in Roswell, GA. It has 2,221 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Roswell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+604 Students
- B383 Students
- B287 Students
- A+257 Students
- B+225 Students
- A184 Students
- A180 Students
- B174 Students
- A+161 Students
- A143 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.67 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.72 responses
Roswell High School Reviews
Roswell genuinely has its good qualities that many other schools may not have, but in my personal experience, something about the school rendered me incapable of academically performing the way I previously had. Like anything, it does have its bad qualities, too. I've formed close bonds with some of my teachers and my counselor, as well as other staff, and you can tell they want you to succeed. I will say, there's been a history of fights over the years, the bathrooms most definitely need some touch-ups (they're actually disgusting, in my opinion), and sometimes a teacher might say something irrational, but overall, I think I had a good experience. I now take online classes, but it's more about personal circumstances, rather than the school. Go Hornets!
I loved my high school experience here! Everyone is very helpful and there when you need them. I would definitely recommend this school to others. It is one of the best academically, safety, etc.
Most of Roswell's staff are nice and open minded while others are rude and quick to judge. The principal Dr. Shaw is amazing and has great leadership abilities. The majority of the teachers I had were good and I would go say hello in the mornings before school and they were very welcoming. Some other teachers I had would pick on me for little things or act petty and childish. One teacher I had was close minded and if you wrote papers opposing her views you did not do as well as students that agreed with her. Roswell high school's building was not so great, the bathrooms were always bad and some toilets didn't have seats. The classrooms were for the most part clean and tidy. The athletics were very prominent in the school's culture and also very important. Many students valued sports because it was their only way to college. Some teachers would favor the football kids and let theme get away with a lot more than average students. Overall the school is pretty good for a public school.