Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Rossford High School is an above average, public school located in Perrysburg, OH. It has 436 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Rossford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B163 Students
- grade B138 Students
- grade A+81 Students
- grade B minus78 Students
- grade A minus69 Students
- grade B44 Students
- grade A minus42 Students
- grade A minus28 Students
- grade B minus28 Students
- grade A minus25 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responses
- Football Fridays63%
- Opening night at Denny's for drama club25%
- Wrestling club, chorus concerts,13%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,395 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Schools like Rossford High School
- grade BClay High School
- Oregon City School District, OH
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 167 reviews
- grade BOtsego High School
- Otsego Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 108 reviews
- grade A minusEastwood High School
- Eastwood Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 82 reviews
- grade BSwanton High School
- Swanton Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.49 out of 5 83 reviews
Rossford High School Reviews
Rating 3.52 out of 5 89 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I have attended Rossford Schools since sixth grade, and I am now attending Rossford High School as a Senior. Rossford staff does an excellent job caring for and teaching their students. There is one on one attention for any questions a student may have. Rossford also provides a great variety of sports and clubs for their students to be involved in. They have clubs such as ; Chess, Choir, Band, International Club, STEM, SOS Club, Student Council and Link Crew. They also offer many sports such as; Football, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Cheerleading, Golf, Tennis, Cross Country, and Track & Field. No matter what there is an extracurricular for everyone to be involved in. Rossford does a great job keeping their students safe, especially during the current pandemic. Work stations and surfaces are wiped down after each use and hand sanitizer is located in multiple areas throughout the school. In addition to that, they also offer masks for those who forget to bring one or do not have one.
While attending such a small school you notice a lot. One thing would be the classes offered. They only offer two AP courses which I feel like is harming a part of the student body from attending the colleges they'd like too. There are students at this school fully capable of taking an entire AP schedule, but it's not offered which is hurting us. Also being at a small school you can easily tell that teachers have a pre-made assumption about you before you ever take a class with them. My experience at this school was not bad and I feel that I did well but I can notice where other students are being harmed and I notice that I could have been offered better options that would have better prepared me for life beyond high school.
Rossford is a small community where everybody knows everybody, and that's what I love about the city. The community is close, everyone attends local events, and people get along well. We're getting a new school next year, and although I won't be there to see it because I am a senior, I couldn't be more excited for the upcoming classes. Football Fridays were one of my favorite school events because I was a cheerleader and I was able to cheer on my team from the sidelines. There were times where I would've liked to be a part of a bigger community, but overall, I love my school.