Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Roslyn High School is a top rated, public school located in Roslyn Heights, NY. It has 1,043 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Roslyn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+150 Students
- A+136 Students
- A-130 Students
- A+111 Students
- A85 Students
- A+83 Students
- A+76 Students
- A+76 Students
- A+74 Students
- A-72 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Roslyn High School
- A+Manhasset Secondary School
- Manhasset Union Free School District, NY
- 67 reviews
- A+Rye High School
- Rye City School District, NY
- 78 reviews
- A+Wheatley School
- East Williston Union Free School District, NY
- 100 reviews
- A+Great Neck North High School
- Great Neck Public Schools, NY
- 115 reviews
Roslyn High School Reviews
Being a student at Roslyn High School has taught me a lot about the people around me as well as myself. Recently a film actually came out about our school, and I think parts of it really did do a great job about talking about and describing the type of school it is. Luckily for myself, I can say that I had a positive high school experience, but I know others that did not. I truly believe that I had this positive high school experience because I emerged myself in clubs and activities that I enjoyed. I also found friends who treated me well and friends who made me smile. Roslyn is known for its academics and I truly do believe that the teachers and staff do a great job teaching us and getting to know each student. I believe that Roslyn does prepare its students for college when it comes to the academic part. I know that when I go to college I will bring a lot of things that I leaned in high school and that I will miss high school a lot but I am definitely ready for this next journey.
Roslyn High School is a school with strong academics and an encouraging staff. I liked the self-selection option with choosing our courses and the various clubs and activities offered. This gave the students the opportunity to dabble in classes they were passionate about. Furthermore, the many courses offered at Roslyn High School reflect the abundant resources that can be utilized by its students. The teachers and the administration in general communicated frequently and well with their students and were very approachable. While I enjoyed my overall experience here, one place this school is lacking in is in the diversity of its students. There is an overwhelming amount of Caucasians, and a much smaller percentage of other ethnicities. Overall, however, this school is certainly a good one.
My high school experience was very academically competitive and at times socially exclusionary. Diversity is something that should really be improved at Roslyn!