Roslyn High School is an elite, public school located in Roslyn Heights, NY. It has 1,020 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Roslyn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+100 Students
- A-96 Students
- A+96 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+63 Students
- A59 Students
- A+57 Students
- A+55 Students
- A+50 Students
- A-50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Roslyn High School
- A+Manhasset Secondary School
- Manhasset Union Free School District, NY
- 55 reviews
- A+Rye High School
- Rye City School District, NY
- 65 reviews
- A+Wheatley School
- East Williston Union Free School District, NY
- 91 reviews
- A+Great Neck North High School
- Great Neck Public Schools, NY
- 80 reviews
Roslyn High School Reviews
I attended Roslyn High School for 4 years, consecutively, and after attending Roslyn Middle School for 3 years. It fares very well for a public school, allowing students free speech in the wake of mass shootings that have affected people here at a personal level, but also moderating that speech. The people here are sometimes judgemental, sometimes eccentric, but they’re often just people, with struggles that they run from or hide from. I’m grateful for attending school here, I’m grateful for the opportunities it has provided me in the form of the humanities, but ultimately, I’m ready to leave. In some ways, the administration is manipulated by the parents in a way we consider uniquely Roslyn-esque, but likely exists in other pockets across the United States. The teachers are some of the best, and I appreciate all of them very much. Overall, a problematic, but above-average school.
As a considerably motivated student , I have found the academic resources and faculty support at Roslyn High School to be very strong. The rigor of the classes is significant and I have been very well prepared for standardized testing. Additionally, the extracurricular activities I have been involved in, primarily the DECA Business Club and Public Forum Debate Club, have offered me invaluable mentorship opportunities that have been some of the cornerstones of my high school experience. However, at times the administration of the school has not been very supportive of my endeavors, and in some cases tried to undermine the leadership of myself, and others in extracurriculars, as well as undermine some of my academic pursuits. The student body as a whole, however, is very supportive of one another, and my four years at Roslyn have been filled with growth and development socially, and academically.
Great staff members in the school. Kids are very friendly! Personally, i believe that almost all of the classes are engaging and fun. In addition, there are many clubs and sports after school for different seasons. Sports like football, basketball, soccer, and others and very popular.