Rosa L. Parks School of Fine & Performing Arts Reviews

I liked how all of the teachers care about you and whenever you need help they are there. due to the school being small , we are all like a family.
I have been attending Rosa Parks for almost four years now and I am currently a senior in Rosa Parks High school. When I first applied to Rosa Parks, I was so excited to go this school and over the years it has meet my expectations. Every student that attends Rosa Parks is talented in their majors. There are amazing major teachers that are passionate in the fine and performing arts. And having various of shows for students to showcase their talent. But not everything is perfect. I wish that we had better technical equipment when we have shows and more art supplies.
Rosa Parks High School is very inclusive and welcomes all students interested in the field of performing arts. The staff is very nice and are always eager to dedicate their time for their students. It has a graduation rate of 99% as of June 2019 as seniors were able to attend the college of their choice. I have learned so much from my time in Rosa Parks High School that I intend to take with me in the next phase of my life.
Start Your Review of Rosa L. Parks School of Fine & Performing Arts
Rosa L. Parks School of Fine & Performing Arts truly helped me to become the person that I am today. I've had many opportunities and hardships while attending but if it weren't for this great set of teachers, I don't know what I would be like. Not only did they push me and be honest with how to expect things, but they helped me and molded me to strive for big things and stay focused.
Rosa L. Parks School of Fine & Performing Arts is truthfully a really good school, everybody helps around, I was college ready since my junior year. The teachers always want to help the students in the classroom.
When I look back in my time here. I have nothing but happy thoughts. I grew an immense appreciation for the arts, and their vocal major helped me decide what career I'd go after. Overall, it was a good experience and one that'll ill always cherish.
However, they did a terrible job preparing us for real life. I know there's a lot of other factors to consider, but when I look at my friend group from high school and where they are now, I see that I'm not the only one who the school system failed on. Years after graduation have passed and i'm just now getting my life together. I wish the guidance counselor would've prepared me better for what came next.
I love the family/ community aspect of the school. The school is very small, about 300 students, which allows the students to build relationships with their teachers easily. I love that it is a small school because it is easier get one on one attention from the teacher, due to the smaller class sizes.
High School was a struggle all on its own, however, the faculty that worked there made education worth learning. They made me want to be more. My professors and advisors made the school what it was, not the students, or the majors or the technology. The faculty is what made the high school so amazing, thar is what I loved most about Rosa L. Parks.
Best experience. The school and teachers are great. My son has respect for his teachers specially for Mr. Davis, his a great inspiration for all the kids.
Initially, when I applied to Rosa L. Parks School of Fine & Performing Arts as a Communications student, I had every bit of intention to make the switch over to the Drama department. We have six majors to choose from: vocal, drama, instrumental, communications, fine/commercial art, and dance. Here I was, a timorous incoming Freshman measuring at 4'8. I knew there was no way I'd go in and "ace" the drama audition. Four years later, with a profound love for journalism, I am heading into a life that works to seek truth and justice. RPHS equipped me with the confidence needed to thrive in the real world. In addition to a very encouraging environment, our students and faculty work tirelessly to engineer quality performance shows.

While we do have a variety of clubs and “minors” to choose from, we do lack a much needed sports team. Overall, RPHS is an emboldening experience.
It is a good school. The people are kind and you'll fit in easily and the talent here is beautiful. The strictness on work and the courses that the students take could be improved though.
When I look back in my time here (10 years ago) I have nothing but happy thoughts. I've met so many great people, grew an immense appreciation for the arts, and their communication major helped me decide what career I'd go after. Overall, it was a good experience and one thatll ill always cherish.
However, they did a terrible job preparing us for real life. I know there's a lot of other factors to consider, but when I look at my friend group from high school and where they are now, I see that I'm not the only one who the school system failed on. 10 years after graduation and im just now getting my life together. I wish an advisor, guidance counselor, or really anyone from the staff, would've prepared me better for what came next.
My overall experience at Rosa L. Parks of Fine & Performing Arts was tremendous. I had a phenomenal time just showing off my talent to people and helping them build confidence in themselves. When I first started that school I was afraid of everything not that people and things were scary, but I was just super shy. With the help of all the staff and students, I broke out of my shy shell in the ending of my freshman year.
I am a recent alum of Rosa Parks and I have to honestly say the four years I spent at this school was something special. We got a chance to be more creative than the other high schools in our area and embrace the artistic talents we possess whether it be writing, singing, dance, art, and many more. Being that we are a small school everyone is very connected with each other from freshman to faculty. It was truly a great four years.
If you're considering attending this school... Don't.
The art majors won't do any kind of art for the school, and they're low on supplies. The dance majors haven't had an open show during school hours in a hot minute. The writing majors aren't a "major" anymore, and they're forced to take another kind of art for a year.
Guidance is terrible. Ms. Guzman hardly assists you with college. It's very annoying to try to make an appointment with her in order to actually get things done for college. You can ask her a question and she'll ignore you or just tell you to look it up on the internet instead of helping you. She'll only really assist her favorite group of kids.
Most of the core teachers are garbage. There's only a handful of teachers who really want you to succeed. Big shout out to Ms. Nada, Mr. Infante (no longer there), Ms. Welcome, and Ms. Daubon. They're great teachers.
Don't come here, and if you do, good luck transferring out. Because they won't let you.
Great school, passionate artists and staff. Everyone is so involved in the arts and truly love what they are doing.
My high school years at Rosa L. Parks School of Fine & Performing Arts were amazing. The school spirit, and vibes were irreplaceable. Every single teacher who has been assigned to me fulfilled there job and did not just come for a check. I will terribly miss this school when I graduate simply because everyone cared, and because of the fun and accomplishments I have achieved here. Rosa Parks high school is awesome, however I do believe it is time for a new facility. The building is not good enough for a performing arts school anymore. We need an upgrade.
Start Your Review of Rosa L. Parks School of Fine & Performing Arts
This highschool is one of the best. If you want to learn about the fine and preforming arts then this school is the place to be.
There are many groups and organizations at RPHS, I just wish they had a range of sports the students could play
I've meet the most amazing people in high school. We are still in contact a whole year later.