Roosevelt High School is an elite, public school located in Seattle, WA. It has 1,721 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Roosevelt High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+358 Students
- B+193 Students
- A-110 Students
- B+95 Students
- A+68 Students
- A64 Students
- A-63 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Roosevelt High School Reviews
It was an okay experience. The only reason why I botched 1 star is because of how school shows no diversity. Freshman to junior year was not diverse at all. Different cliques and depending on their racial colors. The education is great! But it's why this year as a senior, I am the diversity coordinator and it is my job to being that star to 5 stars by involving more diversity. And I'm willing to make this school a better place and I hope that someone will take the same steps I am going to take to make diversity great at Roosevelt High School.
At Roosevelt High School I felt appreciated as a student. I enjoyed the smaller class sizes so I was able to interact with teachers and instructors. Every professor I had conversations with regarding my academic success were not only helpful and understanding. I had the pleasure of being a part of Roosevelt's orchestra, where I've been able to open up to other students and have had the ability to flourish creatively. However, I've also been able to explore the STEM program at Roosevelt, having been apart of an engineering class where I had the opportunity to visit Microsoft headquarters. This trip was very inspirational to me because we had the opportunity to see various engineering projects, which sparked my interest in a future in STEM in a way that I've never experienced before.
Though Roosevelt is known throughout Seattle as the challenging, rigorous school, that colleges view fondly, this school has a dark side. With nearly one student dying every year from suicide, and astronomical anxiety/depression rates, this takes a toll on the student body. Yes, we have more and more 4.0 students every year, but with little to no socio-economical diversity (upper middle class white teens), and so stressful an environment, you should think long hard whether or not it's worth it