Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Roosevelt High School is an above average, public school located in Lubbock, TX. It has 300 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Roosevelt High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-50 Students
- B-37 Students
- A+17 Students
- A11 Students
- A+10 Students
- B-9 Students
- B9 Students
- A9 Students
- B+9 Students
- B+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Roosevelt High School
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Roosevelt High School
- A-Idalou High School
- Idalou Independent School District, TX
- 88 reviews
- B-Southland School
- Southland Independent School District, TX
- 46 reviews
- BCoronado High School
- Lubbock Independent School District, TX
- 273 reviews
- B-New Deal High School
- New Deal Independent School District, TX
- 52 reviews
Roosevelt High School Reviews
Roosevelt High school has been so good to me since the day i started there. The teachers are very understanding and are willing to help those who need it. One thing I would change though, is the dress code. I believe the dress code is just too strict when it comes to the students. These are kids who are still trying to find out who they are, so why limit them to one shade of hair color or only piercings on their ears. Leggings, jeans with too many holes, or too much shoulder showing? Why is this such a sexual topic girls are just trying find what they like to wear. Not allowing guys to have long hair is also very sexist and should be allowed. Other then the dress code I believe my school is a very respectable and safe environment for any student.
I love the small town atmosphere. I like the opportunities available for students to participate in various activities. I would like to see more diversity in programs offered. The school needs to implement more technical training programs for students who can’t afford to go to college. More dual credit courses offered would be great. A technology upgrade would be good offering possible at a distance learning opportunities via the web or e-learning. The school food has never been good. An offer of salads or better variety of healthy foods would be good.
Most parents are very involved in all of our lives. They all went to the school we attend now, which is really school, because they know how that school is and they can easily relate to us and how we are.