Roland-Story High School is an above average, public school located in Story City, IA. It has 332 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Roland-Story High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A74 Students
- A40 Students
- B-35 Students
- B+32 Students
- B+15 Students
- B14 Students
- A11 Students
- B10 Students
- A-9 Students
- C+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Roland-Story High School
- B+Nevada High School
- Nevada Community School District, IA
- 29 reviews
- BSouth Hamilton Middle/High School
- South Hamilton Community School District, IA
- 52 reviews
- AGilbert High School
- Gilbert Community School District, IA
- 109 reviews
- A+Ames High School
- Ames Community School District, IA
- 290 reviews
Roland-Story High School Reviews
Roland-Story isn’t the greatest school one can go to, but it sure is up there. The teachers, administration, staff, and its students are all incredibly polite and stand out with their character. Roland-Story strives to promote their sports and clubs so nearly everyone is involved in one thing or everything. The teachers help by co-leading these sports and clubs and engage into the students lives by getting to know each and every student on the court or field and in the classroom. Even though high school food isn’t supposed to be your mom’s best cooking, there are moms in the cafeteria and they’re always smiling and cooking to the best of their ability and it’s actually really good stuff! The janitorial staff are so fun to talk to, and aren’t just janitors, but friends to many students. In the end, Roland-Story helps prepare their students to be well-informed and educated with the greatest character as they move from a small high school to wherever their future takes them.
I like that you know everyone at your school, most of us have grown up together. The teachers are pretty good, they're always there for you. We also have a lot of fun activities our principle sets up for us. Although, there are several things I would change. This school does not take bullying seriously at all. People are given a number of chances, when they shouldn't. Nothing is really done when you report that someone's bullying you. Overall, we're a pretty good school. We have very talented people here and great academics and fine arts students.
I love the way classes are set up at this school. The teachers are very reasonable, don't give out tons of work or homework but still get the learning through. They value your other values. Also the curriculum is very pleasing. One down fall, if you are in advanced classes or in a class meant for a grade up it is kind of hard to work out a schedule because it messes with those classes. Other wise it's all great!