Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Roland-Story High School is an above average, public school located in Story City, IA. It has 343 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Roland-Story High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A109 Students
- A61 Students
- B+54 Students
- B-48 Students
- B27 Students
- B24 Students
- B-17 Students
- B-16 Students
- A14 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Roland-Story High School
- A-Nevada High School
- Nevada Community School District, IA
- 45 reviews
- BSouth Hamilton Middle/High School
- South Hamilton Community School District, IA
- 55 reviews
- AGilbert High School
- Gilbert Community School District, IA
- 125 reviews
- A+Ames High School
- Ames Community School District, IA
- 343 reviews
Roland-Story High School Reviews
Roland-Story High School is a fantastic high school. It's located in a small town called Story City in Iowa. I'm a freshman, and since the school is so small, you know everyone there. The upperclassmen were super nice to us freshman immediately. Roland-Story's school district is one of the most welcoming and nice schools there is. I can honestly say that bullying is not an issue at our school. The people who work and attend this school are all nice and respectful of each other. Although we have smaller programs at our school, those programs are amazing. The arts programs here have incredible teachers, and the sports coaches are encouraging and supportive. The teachers in the classrooms genuinely care about their students and are always there to help. Everyone in the community supports the school's events too. I feel so lucky to go to school in such a friendly environment. I love Roland-Story.
Roland-Story isn’t the greatest school one can go to, but it sure is up there. The teachers, administration, staff, and its students are all incredibly polite and stand out with their character. Roland-Story strives to promote their sports and clubs so nearly everyone is involved in one thing or everything. The teachers help by co-leading these sports and clubs and engage into the students lives by getting to know each and every student on the court or field and in the classroom. Even though high school food isn’t supposed to be your mom’s best cooking, there are moms in the cafeteria and they’re always smiling and cooking to the best of their ability and it’s actually really good stuff! The janitorial staff are so fun to talk to, and aren’t just janitors, but friends to many students. In the end, Roland-Story helps prepare their students to be well-informed and educated with the greatest character as they move from a small high school to wherever their future takes them.
I am currently a senior at Roland-Story. The faculty and staff really care about all of their students and show compassion toward their students. I feel the school can be more diverse but is an issue as Story City isn't that diverse either. Roland-Story has always been laying a foundation down for its students since kindergarten and helps with anyone that has questions on future education or present-day education. They are continuing to improve the safety features in our schools and are doing so because they care about the safety of us, students.