Roland-Story High School is an above average, public school located in Story City, IA. It has 338 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Roland-Story High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A99 Students
- A53 Students
- B+45 Students
- B-43 Students
- B+21 Students
- B21 Students
- B16 Students
- B-15 Students
- A13 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Roland-Story High School
- BNevada High School
- Nevada Community School District, IA
- 37 reviews
- B+South Hamilton Middle/High School
- South Hamilton Community School District, IA
- 54 reviews
- AGilbert High School
- Gilbert Community School District, IA
- 116 reviews
- A+Ames High School
- Ames Community School District, IA
- 322 reviews
Roland-Story High School Reviews
Roland-Story isn’t the greatest school one can go to, but it sure is up there. The teachers, administration, staff, and its students are all incredibly polite and stand out with their character. Roland-Story strives to promote their sports and clubs so nearly everyone is involved in one thing or everything. The teachers help by co-leading these sports and clubs and engage into the students lives by getting to know each and every student on the court or field and in the classroom. Even though high school food isn’t supposed to be your mom’s best cooking, there are moms in the cafeteria and they’re always smiling and cooking to the best of their ability and it’s actually really good stuff! The janitorial staff are so fun to talk to, and aren’t just janitors, but friends to many students. In the end, Roland-Story helps prepare their students to be well-informed and educated with the greatest character as they move from a small high school to wherever their future takes them.
I am currently a senior at Roland-Story. The faculty and staff really care about all of their students and show compassion toward their students. I feel the school can be more diverse but is an issue as Story City isn't that diverse either. Roland-Story has always been laying a foundation down for its students since kindergarten and helps with anyone that has questions on future education or present-day education. They are continuing to improve the safety features in our schools and are doing so because they care about the safety of us, students.
Roland-Story is a quality school that has aroun 90 kids in each grade which I perfered for my learning. They provide each student with a laptop to do there homework on. Also they have this thing called J-term that is a week long after Christmas break and the student do a project of there interest, like learning more about a career field there interest in or building something in the shop. It’s a great use of the students time and I liked it a lot because I was able to do what I liked to do for that week.