Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Rogers High School is an above average, public school located in Newport, RI. It has 644 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Rogers High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B170 Students
- B-81 Students
- A+60 Students
- B+49 Students
- A+47 Students
- A-45 Students
- A42 Students
- B-41 Students
- A+34 Students
- C31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Rogers High School
- BMt. Hope High School
- Bristol Warren Regional School District, RI
- 175 reviews
- B+Middletown High School
- Middletown Public Schools, RI
- 191 reviews
- BTiverton High School
- Tiverton School District, RI
- 51 reviews
- A-South Kingstown High School
- South Kingstown School District, RI
- 162 reviews
Rogers High School Reviews
While the school often gets a bad rap, I actually quite enjoy the school. While the student body seems to lack motivation and a desire to succeed, the teachers are certainly more than adequate for educating the student body if they truly want it. The courses offered range widely, allowing for lower-end and higher-end students alike to make a schedule that fits their needs. There are plenty of extracurricular opportunities - several sports teams and after-school activities - many of which are enjoyable (maybe not the most triumphant, but enjoyable nonetheless). The campus is beaten up, but it does not take away from the education experience in my opinion. Overall, a decent school.
The people at Rogers High School are all friendly, no one make you feel like you do not belong. When you come in as a freshman the upperclassmen are nice enough to help you find your way and when you become an upperclassmen you are nice enough to do the same. The teachers are all helpful, they want to see everyone succeed and guide students so they can do so. The only thing I would change about Rogers High School is the building which is already getting worked towards having a new one built in coming years.
The faculty, administration and students all care about each other at this school. Everyone wants each other to succeed. The physical structure however is outdated. I look forward to seeing the school once the new building is constructed.